Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Clutch Mech Noob
  • sirromj

Got my first clutch mech. Not fitted yet.

It feels like it needs to be pushed hard to get it fully round to the On position, should I remove cover to adjust the tension off a bit?

I vaguely recall reading somewhere you shouldn’t change gear while it’s in the on position. Is that right? Given it’s current stiffness it would make sense, but having gears that can’t be changed sounds like a stupid idea for 99% of riding I do.

bails

I vaguely recall reading somewhere you shouldn’t change gear while it’s in the on position. Is that right?

For me it’s only been an issue with lower speed shifting at I tend to wait until I’m doing 15mph+ and then reach down and flick the clutch on.

😉

No, that’s not true, just leave it on all the time except when you need to push the mech forwards to remove the rear wheel.

rossburton
    Free Member

Both of my clutch mechs need a good push to turn them to to On, and I’ve always assumed that’s basically the clutch engaging. Of course you can change gear with the clutch on, otherwise what’s the point… Just turn it off when you remove the wheel otherwise you’ll be wrestling against the clutch.

sirromj

Ok I feel slightly daft now 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Clutch Mech Noob’ is closed to new replies.