Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Clubbing in Edinburgh
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve been tasked with finding a good club on Saturday night. Something along the lines of yhe Departure Lounge, where I won’t feel like a geriatric at 44

ojom
    Free Member

I cannot help in this instance on account of premature ageing.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Anyone?

jimmy

Get drunk enough not to care about being a geriatric and go to, err, umm, oh now then clubs in Edinburgh… I don’t even know / can’t remember any. I liked the one on Victoria Street which is split down 5/6 floors but it has been years and genuinely can’t remember the name of it.

jodafett

Clubbing on STW, I’ve not been on this forum long but I believe this behaviour is frowned upon.

I don’ know what The Departure Lounge is/was like but here’s my suggestions. I’ve not been for years but we used to have a laugh in Fingers Piano Bar on Fredrick or Hanover St. The Cav is still open (called Lave/Ignite now) and that was always full of an “older” crowd. Espionage will probably be full of youngsters but there are plenty bars to find a table to base yourselves at. My wife recently ended up in The Revolution ( I think thats what its called) on Lothian Rd and had a very poptastic blast (ABBA etc). The Electric Circus looks really nice but don’t know the age group. I’d stay away from Liquid Rooms, Citrus Club and the Beehive. I’ve worked in all of these while they’ve been closed so can’t tell u what thet’re like when open. HTH. Let me know what the Departure Lounge was like and I might have better suggestions.

crankbreaker

I believe Jimmy is referring to Espionage, and old favourite of mine when I was at uni up there. It’s not exactly classy but a good laugh to get lost in and no dress code so don’t need to worry about shining your shoes up either!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Departure Lounge is kind dancy world music – I am looking for tgat rather than Fingers etc which only make sense when very drunk.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

you have Caboret Voltaire, thats the best club in my opinion but you would hate it
    or sneaky petes but you would also hate it
    or liquid rooms but you would probably hate that too
    or the bongo club but you would probably hate that also…

mmm sorry dont think i can help

jodafett

is kind dancy world music

Sorry, don’t know any hippy communes in Edinburgh 😉

konabunny
    Free Member

Fingers! My mate worked there – a dive. Also, the ‘Nage.

Revolution? Century 2000 mate 😉

jodafett

Medina at Potterrow used to be that style (ish)

Liftman

CC Blooms 8)

tpbiker
    Free Member

Cab Vol and The Lane were where I uses to go a few years ago, but I think both have changed management and are now far less dance orientated.

As for some of the suggestions above…espionage, fingers, cav?? Stay well clear…..

jodafett

I think Cab Vol is just a ( very nice looking) pub now.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

nope Cab Vol is an underground club, very heavy electro type music, best club in Edinburgh in my opinion

glupton1976
    Free Member

CC Blooms.

somafunk

Prob a bit late now but i’ve just noticed this thread, Got a couple o’ mates playing at the Cab Voltaire t’night (beta n’ kappa) and that’s be worthwhile heading along to if you like that sort of music, they usually play at the subby in glasgow.

Here’s a link to their soundcloud page

bigjim

Fingers Piano Bar

Hell. On. Earth.

bigjim

Cab vol now has a decent bar upstairs and the club downstairs, which has/had a terrible sound system.

CC’s is genuinely awesome

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Clubbing in Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.