Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Club Road Ride – recovery of broken bikes and injured people
  • TiRed

Yes of course we do. It’s called the tea and cake rota. We also run turbo sessions in the winter at the club house. Why is it so strange to have somebody in the club not out riding?

MoreCashThanDash

Brave of you to talk of your experiences on here TiRed after what you and your club mates went through.

Several roadclubs have club houses, people forget how big cycling was post war in the UK.

Jamie
    Free Member

Why is it so strange to have somebody in the club not out riding?

I wouldn’t worry about it. Some on here operate on the policy if it’s not the exact thing they do, then it’s obviously wrong.

scotroutes

Why is it so strange to have somebody in the club not out riding?

This is STW. I’d have thought that non-riding club members was almost de riguer

Other than that – yer all ****’ weirdos!!

wilburt
    Free Member

A clubhouse would be nice and there’s always someone who wants to get out but doesn’t fancy riding. Cost would be an obstacle for most clubs I suspect.

trail_rat
    Free Member

We have similar for the club summer race series but not for the regular 7 days a week club rides it would get messy quickly.

globalti
    Free Member

When my son nutted a tree and KOd himself on C2C we simply left the bikes with a nearby farmer who stored them in his barn. We went to pick them up the next day and just caught him as he was driving off with his family for a two-week holiday. Gulp!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Club Road Ride – recovery of broken bikes and injured people’ is closed to new replies.