Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Club Rides – Surrey – Sunday
  • adamhicks
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

I posted on here a while ago about areas to live in Surrey, ended up getting a place in Caterham as the housemates there were sound.

Anyway, I’m moving down on Friday so need to start organising my weekend…. Are there any rides led around the Surrey hills on Sunday from a shop or anything? I’ve heard you need to be shown around to get the best from the area.

Fitness wise I’m kinda middling I guess, good at going down and average at winching myself back to the top of a climb again. Good for 20 odd miles though.

Cheers.

dknwhy

I’d suggest going to Peaslake Village Stores and asking to tag along with a group.
    There are a fair amount of clubs in the area. I’m with Addiscombe CC but the MTB side of things is pretty quiet generally.
    Caterham is good for the North Downs though so you have some good xc riding from your front door. Grab an OS map or Viewranger on your phone and go exploring!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have a look at Nirvana Cycles, then give the shop a call

J-R

A couple of groups riding off Road in the Dorking area of Surrey Hills on Sundays are:

Muddy Moles 08.30 from Bockets farm on the A246, about 5 mins from M25 J9:
    http://www.muddymoles.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=118 – regular rides info
    http://www.muddymoles.org.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=3 – read up on the latest ride planned.

Nirvana Cycles in Westcott at 1100, about 15mins from J9:
    Nirvana Cycles Rides

jambalaya
    Free Member

@adam – if you drop me an email (mine is in profile) I can suggest a ride which will give some areas to explore / bump into people if the rides above (which are good suggestions) don’t suit.

HTTP404
    Free Member

Join Redhill CC.

mattjg
    Free Member

Welcome.

Night rides, we do Weds 1830 from Westcott green/Nirvana, one of our regulars lives in Caterham. Just turn up if you can make it.

You’ll find riding partners if you hang around there most weekend mornings.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Adam, enjoy your new home!!! In addition to the advice above, just go out and explore, it’s great. Start on Leith, Pitch or Holmbury. Look out for trails, look at Strave if you must, ask/follow others. Its fun to get a few surprises (jumps on supernova!!!) and to just explore. I spent several months doing that before riding with anyone else (including Jambalaya who knows it all well).

If you are restricted to weekends you may soon be looking for opportunities to ride in your own!!!!! Enjoy the peace while you can.

shortcut

Shocked no one has mentioned the Dorking Cocks!!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Pedal & Spoke do shop rides. Follow them on twit / FB and they often get posted up.

Less formal is just bump into people, look lost and they’ll ask if you want to tag along and then you have a great time 😀

Also various forums etc on the net do rides.

Depends if you want a formal club or just ride with anyone informally. Latter will generally be at the slowest rider pace. Formal clubs and certain shops can sometimes leave you behind if you’re not up to their pace 😉

mattjg
    Free Member

Shocked no one has mentioned the Dorking Cocks!!

they have been, just not by name. shshshhhhhh. (& anyway Cocks is not a club).

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Up there this afternoon/ tonight. Lots of people to chat to. A couple of invites to join groups. Trails great….we are lucky to have just a good spot to ride! That’s the beauty, if you want to ride in your own it’s great but also very easy to hook up with others most of the time. Found a couple of brand new routes today as well!!!

Lar89
    Free Member

Not 100% sure on my plans yet, but I’ll almost certainly be riding in the area both days and will be happy to show you around – give us a shout on moonboots100 at hotmail dot com if you fancy.

adamhicks
    Free Member

Seems like a pretty sociable area! Awesome. Thanks for the advice guys, I’ll pop along on Sunday and go for an explore I think, should see a few of you out and about, cheers for the advice.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

I Live in Caterham, happy to ride and show you whole of leith,holmbury,pitch, winter etc, i know it well.

Give me an email, russalford@gmail.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Club Rides – Surrey – Sunday’ is closed to new replies.