Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cloud servers (storage and file sharing) with EU servers?
  • geoffj

Any recommendations? DPA issues (yes I know, but I don’t have the time or the energy to make the case) means we need to know that the data isn’t sat on a box outwith the EU. Secure would be good too.
    Ta

somouk
    Free Member

Private cloud might be your best solution. You can guarantee it is where you want it to be then.

grizedaleforest

Is this home use or business use? How techy do you want to be? Amazon S3 allows you to set an EU (Ireland) storage location for your data and you can manage your storage directLY with free tools like Cloudberry. It’s a cheap option if you just want to manually blat lumps of data from time to time. Otherwise have a look at Mozy.

brassneck

Yup, S3 and fix your location. Though I’m slightly surprised any DPA issue raisers aren’t wetting their knickers at the thought of using cloud storage full stop? Encrypt before you store if possible.

Is a ‘safe harbour’ agreement option a possibility? That might open things up a bit. It never has been for me though.

If I cared (or could be made to care by legal proceedings) that much though I’d probably make it private, as sometimes it can be a lot easier to point to an array and say ‘it’s there, and on that other one in Reading’, but you’re buying into a lot of long term cost there if you don’t already have the space.

geoffj

Thanks guys

sharkbait
    Free Member

Defo S3. been using it for a few years and pretty impressed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cloud servers (storage and file sharing) with EU servers?’ is closed to new replies.