Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Clothing sizeing
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Got my first road bike on the weekend and need some kit which isnt cut for tiney little people, I have really big shoulders and 36 inch waist so not a racing snake more second row or to be cruel fat 😆

What recommendations do people have, I once tried on a Castelli xl jacket and it was tiny.

somafunk

Try Endura clothing (made in scotland) , it’s not discounted online so you may as well pop into a bike shop and try a few items on for fit and as it is your first road bike pick a good shop and they will advise you ( if the shop is decent) .

MSP

I find endura a bit narrow on the shoulders.

Pearl Izumi is a bigger fit, specialized not too bad. Generally american makes will be bigger than european, especially italian, makes.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Altura tends to come in big man sizing but if you want some real comfortable bibs, Assos do them in TIR size. Best bibs I own for long mileage on the toad bike.

johnnystorm

Not all makes cut all their range the same way. My Gore Alp x jacket is racey-cut and my element windstopper is more roomy. My altura night vision in roughly square. Yuck.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Endura typically matches the size of clothes you normally wear in my experience.

scruffywelder
    Free Member

5 posts before…

FLATB

You guys are slipping!

bigblackshed

Endura for the big lads. It tends to get longer when it gets bigger as well. So good for tall, normally proportioned people rather than the bean pole racing snakes.

climbingkev
    Free Member

Castelli comes up super small, or that’s what I tell myself! I’m a medium in everything…. XL in Castelli!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

DHB does decent kit. Order diff sizes from Wiggle, and then send back what you don’t like/fit.

Be warned of most Italian brands, as it has…erm…Italian fit. Which is teeny tiny.

ratadog

DHB does decent kit

They used to be my first choice but for some unfathomable reason this years sizes are 4-6 inches smaller than last years so xxl top is no longer 48-50 inches but 42-44.

I am using FLATB and Aero tech design for the less roadie stuff.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Dhb stuff is available in different cuts, they call them ‘form’ / ‘active’ / etc. / or something like that.

But it means tubby / medium/ skinny / etc.

The good news is that the bigger stuff is cheaper.

MrNice
    Free Member

I second the different ranges from same manufacturer comment. Most of them assume that people wanting racing kit will be skinny while MTBers or commuters will be better nourished. DHB sizing generally seems generous (realistic), especially compared to Castelli. Also bear in mind that if it’s race kit it’s *meant* to be skin tight.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Clothing sizeing’ is closed to new replies.