Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Clothing for the well-rounded rider
  • Sidney
    Free Member

Any of you similar well rounded riders have recommendations for tops that don’t make me look like the michelin man? It’s ridiculous trying on stuff in bike stores! It’s all tight fit and I just want something thats comfy and covers my arse!

Thanks!

P.S I have to look rad!

Jamie
    Free Member

Muumuu?

Sidney
    Free Member

Thats a good start – though the red will make my face look washed out so no go!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Well rounded, wear XL tees, will quit when I’m less well rounded.

scaled
    Free Member

http://fatladattheback.com/

Some of this parish have some of their kit, looks rather good too.

nbt

are you both justfied and ancient?

IHN

Did anyone see FLATB on Dragon’s Den last night? I don’t think they they (the Dragons) quite ‘got it’.

Jamie
    Free Member

are you both justfied and ancient?

Yes, and they like to roam the land.

riddoch

I’ve found American/British brands a bit less embarrassing/more generous as I don’t need to try 5XL. 🙂
    My endura merino top is fairly flattering, the material helps as it “flows” rather than “clings”.
    I was going to go for either morvelo or fatladattheback for my next purchase.

IHN

Yes, and they like to roam the land.

What about ice-cream van ownership?

GrahamS

I don’t think they they (the Dragons) quite ‘got it’.

kayak23

Have you tried in Wales?

Sidney
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip but I’m not sure about FLATB stuff, as with normal stuff, I’ll be highlighting my girth with skintight stuff, with FLATB i’ll just have a big sign on my back. Pondering.

Not tried wales – is that related to the other thread?

D0NK

I’ve heard Arco do large sizes

GrahamS

with FLATB i’ll just have a big sign on my back.

Because if it wasn’t for the big sign everyone would think you are skinny?

luffy105
    Free Member

I’ve had this problem and found http://www.aerotechdesigns.com to be really good.

They are based in the US and deliver here and because their kit is reasonably cheap it still works out ok. I have their baggy shorts, long sleeved tops, bib shorts and a jacket from them and it has been faultless. The only problem I had is that the waterproof jacket I ordered was too big and the returns process is a little more involved so I never gout round to returning it in time. Guess I’ll just stick it on eBay as I’m sure there are other large cyclists who struggle to get cycling jackets.

Sidney
    Free Member

Not trying to decieve anyone, lest myself. Just my preference not to bring attention to it. Thanks for the recommendations everyone!

Fat-boy-fat

Race face. Works every time. Built for Canadians.

ratadog

Got a FLATB softshell which is excellent quality but +1 for aerotechdesigns. Their stuff is excellent and I have had good service.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Clothing for the well-rounded rider’ is closed to new replies.