Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Closures at Cannoock?
  • jekkyl

Anyone been to Cannock yesterday (sunday 06/04) that can please confirm to me what closures are still in place over the whole of the monkey? thanks. The chase trails site usually advertise when things close but not always the best advertising when things open again.

funkybaj
    Free Member

Chase Trails’ Facebook page always contains the latest updates: http://www.facebook.com/chasetrails

Info here too: http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/INFD-9FJCXA

iain1775
    Free Member

On the monkey
    Original monkey and monkey black
    And another section which I think is the bit afterwards
    Several closures on FtD too, twist and shout (the first bit), stegosaurus and son of chain slapped (after campsite towards the end)
    A lot of closures IMO but there is of course plenty more over the Chase to ride
    …and of course great cappuccinos at Birches Valley 😆

scruff
    Free Member

I think even Hora will cope with the new surface.

jekkyl

ta ta. I’m up there this afternoon in the (possible) rain. That is a lot of closures, if twist and shout is closed and the steg, then pretty much all the first 10 minutes will be diverted :o(
    It seems with so much being repaired and the new section twixt 5 ways and absinthe almost ready they might be preparing a grand re-opening of it all at the same time……. Easter ??? here’s hoping.

ThePinkster

Stegosaurus was open on Saturday, the bit after the little rise following it was detoured though, and was quite gloopy. The bridge across the ditch has been straightened out as well :(.

Pain in the Hardtail was also closed on Saturday but it still didn’t stop some ‘dicks who know better’ riding it after carrying their bikes over the branches put down on the trail to stop it being ridden.

hora
    Free Member

Ooooo new surface?

rocketman
    Free Member

Ooooo new surface?

This is how it looks before they put all the pebbles and braking bumps in:

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

One of my favorite sections, can’t wait to ride it, should be a hoot!

jekkyl

yes it’s like hard pack sand and little stones.
    There was also a new bit open from the bottom of kitbag hill (the long horrible slog that you have to ride to get back to the last of the dog after doing the monkey bit) it does make the incline a lot more intetesting and less strenuous.

st

The closed sections are unlikely to be open for Easter. The timing thing is due to the availability of the Contractor Clixbys and funding to pay for it as opposed to a gift from the Easter Bunny. As said already the Stegasaurus section is open bar an admittedly grim diversion at the very end.

jekkyl

oh god the mud on that bit just after the bridge and up the rise diverted is a nightmare!! I swear some of that mud was 2 foot deep.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Closures at Cannoock?’ is closed to new replies.