Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Closed for Stock Taking – Seriously?!?
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Went to Llandegla yesterday. Thought we’d pick up a couple of bits and pieces from One Planet. “Closed for Stocktaking”. No exceptions, do not disturb the staff.

Did I miss the announcement? Seriously, closed for stocktaking in the middle of the summer holidays?

I can only assume that either the stock database has been compromised or that someone has been removing stuff and they need to reconcile stock. Either way it’s pretty poor service. Anyone know why?

tomhoward

Anyone know why?

They wanted to take stock.

HTH

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Could have just gone home and used the time you saved to make out. Sounds a bit like you could do with it…

Jamie
    Free Member

That stock ain’t going to take itself.

the-muffin-man

It’s not unusual to close or delay orders for a stock-take.

martinhutch

Depends what kind of stock we’re talking about here. Did you see any of these hanging around chewing the kit?

ste_t
    Free Member

Stocktake for the end of financial year perhaps? (albeit a week late.)

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

It was announced on farcebook days ago. Did you check the website?
    Seriously I know the guy’s up there and they have been mad busy of late. A day’s revenue loss from the shop wouldn’t have been taken lightly.

Coyote
    Free Member

Hey monkeysfeet, thanks for that. No I didn’t pick up the FB notice and didn’t see anything on the web site. Agree about losing revenue that’s why I thought closing for a couple of days in peak season seemed really strange.

fubar
    Free Member

…but it’s end of season for a lot of bike ranges with new ranges coming in, perhaps ?

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Physical count of stock isn’t an option if your business is beholden to the banks.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It did say on their website. To be fair though, not something Id have thought of looking for.

snorkelsucker
    Free Member

It was on their Facebook page to be fair, twice. Plus the trails were still open so it isn’t really a big deal.

They need to close off the shop completely as it never stops in there – constant stream of people.

edlong
    Free Member

Any number of reasons why they might need to do it now:

*Financial Year end of 31st July, and today was the day the auditor could come out and witness / sample check the stock take

*Arranging finance with the stock as security – provider needs to verify that the stock exists

*Arranging finance generally, with stock being a major component of their balance sheet the provider needs to be assured that it is as it is said to be

*Looking to sell the business and an agreed value for stock is being sought.

*They know or suspect there’s been some “wastage” (theft) and need to know what stock they actually have as opposed to what the computer says is there.

*They’re about to do an end-of-season sale and need accurate stock figures to decide what to discount, and by how much.

Or, they just decided to pee you off and do it today to inconvenience you.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Closed for Stock Taking – Seriously?!?’ is closed to new replies.