Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • close-up magician recommendations
  • lorax

A friend of mine is organising a big 50th birthday party for his wife next month and is wondering about having a close-up magic person there. I’ve found the relevant Magic Circle web page, but I just wondered if anyone had any recommendations based on personal experience. It will be just outside Oxford.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Go for the best… Gerry Sadowitz 😉 😯

dannybgoode

Don’t know about any on that page – don’t look like ‘real’ magic circle magicians to me, just a publicity site for anyone who wants to pay to be on there.

For corporate do’s we have always used a lady who goes by the name of Miss Magic

http://www.magickay.com/

Very good, I like card tricks but they have to be good to impress and she certainly had me fooled.

She’s a good laugh as well, happy to mingle with and talk to guests.

Depending on your budget and numbers check out Paul Xenon – my favourite close magician. Don’t know his fees though, probably lots.

lorax

Many thanks – I’ll pass that on to my friend.

transmute
    Free Member

Fay Presto
    Saw her on a BBC doc years ago, seems she’s done pretty well since!

trevron73
    Free Member

I also 2nd Fay Presto, She /He used to work at a restaurant i worked at for Marco Pierre White ,Magic was amazing also watching my flat mate snog her on his stag do was hilarious we let him bring her back before we let the cat out da bag that she was a he -funny as !

spacemonkey

I’ll try and dig out a mate’s card. He was in the MC so not sure why his name isn’t showing up on that list – maybe he left? He used to compete internationally and is ****ing brilliant.

Haze

Sav ‘the deceptionist’ was on a stag-do I went to a few years ago, bought the whole pub to a stand still (not literally, he wasn’t that good).

lorax

I just wanted to say thanks to those of you who recommended Fay Presto. She performed at the dinner on Saturday night and was absolutely fantastic – we’re all still scratching our heads trying to work out how the tricks were done! Highly recommended.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘close-up magician recommendations’ is closed to new replies.