Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Clip on road mudguards
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Crud race guard vs SKS race blade 2?

23mm tyres, tight clearances on the frame.

The ability to remove easily for transport is a requirement.

jam-bo

Cruds are awful.

Not seen race blade 2 but I’ve been impressed with the originals.

The XL’s are really quick to fit/remove but less coverage.

mooman
    Free Member

Cruds are terrible.

SKS everytime.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Cruds are dire. I’d go SKS.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Cruds fit fine and work if you’re not ham-fisted and are stuck with tight clearances

roach

Anybody used any with Planet X RT-58?

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Cruds wouldn’t fit my Planet X xls xc bike. Disc mounts stuffed it up.

scotroutes

SKS Raceblades are more robust and will stand up to more fitting/re-fitting.

Cruds work fine if you’re not ham-fisted and follow the fitting instructions (and don’t try to roll the bike along on its rear wheel with front wheel in the air)

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Cruds work fine if you’re not ham-fisted and follow the fitting instructions (and don’t try to roll the bike along on its rear wheel with front wheel in the air)

This. Been using them moderately successfully for a few years now. They work well, but are rather fragile (toe overlap is another easy way to break them). Spare parts are easily available direct from Crud for not too much cash. Still the only thing that will fit my SC Roadster though, so that’s one of the reasons I persevere.

molgrips
    Free Member

I didn’t like the old raceblades, but the raceblade 2 are different and look really sturdy whilst still being quick release.

£40 though. And I do have very tight clearance – I can’t even run 25c tyres for instance.

steve_b77
    Free Member

You might be screwed either way then with anything that goes under the brake bridge / crown

golo
    Free Member

If you have a brake bridge the Raceblade Longs – if you can find them – are worth a look. No more coverage for you but masses more for the poor buggers behind you. Also less finickity on subsequent removal and refitting because the mounts are in a fixed position.

cookeaa

Cruds here and happy with them, minimal clearances make them a better choice.

They’re a bit wibbly and flexible, but pretty effective and adjustable with it… Lighter too aren’t they?

Not sure how anyone could bollox the installation really, got mine back on for this winter inside of ten minutes…

alexh
    Free Member

Px pro carbon with 25mm tyres and sks race blades as my commuter. Can’t complain, once set in the right position they are pretty quick to whip on and off. Having the bands set pretty tight has helped keep them in place.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Also have a look at the BBB slimguards

Junkyard
    Free Member

SKS but the ones that clip onto the clips on the wheels not the ones you clip tp your frame

http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/SKS/Raceblade-Long-2-Mudguard/ABBA?gclid=CLaj4__AicoCFWXnwgod0yoLwQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Cruds were great when set up but a heavy breeze would make them rub*

* storage knocks actually bit i would only get them if i could easily store the bike with nothing near it and even then i still would not as they were faff faff and more faff. IIRC i ripped them off an binned them mid ride.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Oh also has anyone seen something like this?
    Single part or as part of mudguard set,
    it’s for disc bikes with no brake bridge.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Clip on road mudguards’ is closed to new replies.