Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • climbing equipment crc equivalent..?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

Its been a while since i climbed and am somewhat out of the loop, mrs is keen on some indoor sessions so want to get some kit…any decent mail order shops to look at?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Outside and needle sports are 2 I’d look for though if it’s for harness and shoes I’d be trying and buying in store

riklegge

http://Www.bananafingers.co.uk usually are pretty good on price.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    luke
    Free Member

Rock and run had some cheap bits the other day.

carlphillips
    Free Member

cheers guys
    I know which stuff I want (and fits) but just needed some decent shops to look in, cheers

martinhutch

I like these guys

http://www.v12outdoor.com/

Nipper99
    Free Member

Go Outdoors?

andysredmini
    Free Member

Needle sports, banana fingers, rock and run and v12 outdoors are really good but you can’t really beat go outdoors for convenience and the ability to try stuff on which can be critical with climbing stuff. A lot of climbing walls have shops which may be worth a look. They tend to be expensive though and work on people making impulse purchases.

jim25

Surely it’s the same as your LBS?
    Go and support your local climbing wall/shop. Have bought all my stuff at various real climbing shops around the country.
    Can’t beat proper knowledge and advice and trying various options on for size.

metalheart
    Free Member

If she’s after harness & boots getting them fitted in a shop is better than saving a couple of quid. Once she knows her size and stuff then it’s worth ‘shopping around’.

Needlesports I like and also Joe Brown (http://www.joe-brown.com).

Also, mainly due to convenience (and that they give local wall users here a 10% discount) I’ve also bought from Cotswolds too. Like everywhere they can have the odd bargain… (But it’s usually eol stuff mind).

carlphillips
    Free Member

my lcs options arent great. go outdoors. and cotswold.

jam-bo

The Plymouth go outdoors has quite a good range, and a mini climbing wall. Kountry kit in Tavistock isn’t bad either but I think they carry less climbing gear than they used too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cotswold normally have a really good range.

ghastlyrabbitfat
    Free Member

Second for Needlesports. Reasonable pricing, good mail order site and excellent knowledge along with great service in-shop.

Bought a Pod Black Ice sack from them many years ago and they let me spend thirty minutes in the shop with the sack loaded, mooching about and up and down the stairs to ensure the fit was good.

damascus
    Free Member

Treat your self to a little mini break and go to Keswick and ambleside. The sales have already started.

carlphillips
    Free Member

cheers Jambo, am going to go there in a few days to check it out.
    failing that it’ll be cotswolds and if no joy, the interweb…or Exeter.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘climbing equipment crc equivalent..?’ is closed to new replies.