Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Climb – nailed it at last.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

A little well chuffed with myself moment here.
    Been attempting this short climb for over a decade. It's sandy, loose and dotted with bits of loose sandstone.
    It needs the smallest gear you can get and is a battle with rear wheel traction and front wheel stability.
    The killer or crux is a large step over a root that spans the path. Usually if you can pop your wheel you lose balance, and if you do get the front up the rear will spin.
    I assume the dry weather and dust helped me get traction over it.
    So glad I can make little inroads like that at my age.

robgarrioch

Small victories are often the sweetest – enjoy the glow of unexpected success 8)

oldgit
    Free Member

Cheers, have a virtual cigar.

loddrik
    Free Member

Sounds like you are just crap on a bike as you should have cleared this 9.9 years ago… 😉

elaineanne
    Free Member

well done ! its great feeling isnt it when you triumph ! 😉

rOcKeTdOg

i hope you zipped up your jersey for the cameras when you got to the top, think of the sponsors!

i have a similar little technical climb that i judge my fitness/skill/bike set up by, always feels great when i clean it

oldgit
    Free Member

Time to think about my retirement now.

robgarrioch

Just remember that, if there were witnesses, you're now expected to clean it every time!

Recently managed this one in the Pentlands which had many of us beat last year (single-speed presence accepted…)

Though I felt like doing a quick 'Rocky Balboa on top of those steps' impression, kept it reigned in to a wry smile instead…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Climb – nailed it at last.’ is closed to new replies.