Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • climachx… how to get there and where to park?
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Stupidly forgot to have a look how to get to climachx.
    I’m staying in aberdovey so it’s about 10 miles away near machynlyth..
    I sort of know where it is but will probably get woken up at 6am tomorrow by the kids and may get a few hours to go ride it before going to the beach. Any directions gratefully accepted..

JEngledow
    Free Member

Have you tried typing climachx where to park into Google and clicking the top result? 🙄

cloudnine
    Free Member

Thanks.. the Google search I did didn’t come up with that for some reason..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FWIW, I prefer to park in Mach and ride out along the river and back roads passed CAT. Nice warm up/down, and finish the ride in Mach for a bite to eat (Good curry house, and the Spar has a frankly astonishing range of quality local beers!)

RobHilton
    Free Member

Take Dolgellau road from Mach (A487) turn off over bridge at Ceinws, if you can see caravan park/steam railway on right, or get to Corris, you’ve missed the turn. Ignore 1st left directly after bridge, take the next one & the rough track up to the left gets you to the car park – don’t forget to donate 🙂

singlespeedstu

CaptainFlashheart – Member

FWIW, I prefer to park in Mach and ride out along the river and back roads passed CAT. Nice warm up/down, and finish the ride in Mach for a bite to eat (Good shite curry house, and the Spar has a frankly astonishing range of quality local beers!)
    By far the worst curry house i’ve ever been in. Slow service and shocking food.
    Watery tomato soup and a couple of sliced chillies with some over cooked chicken in do not make a good curry. 😐

Trail and locals are great though.

RobHilton
    Free Member

By far the worst curry house i’ve ever been in

I’m so glad someone else said that, I was gonna mention it, but didn’t want to get into an off-topic argument – it is truly dire!

The restaurant at The Wynnstay, OTOH, is rather good.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Food and nutrition are important… Don’t want to be risking any dodgy steaks or have to send a rider back to the team car due to insufficient nutrition. Any decent places to eat in aberdovey?

timmys

Any decent places to eat in aberdovey?

Meh. The chipie is OK. There’s some place down in a basement that everyone says is good but is frankly rather odd, waitresses being made to wear white gloves etc. Looking at Google street view I think it’s called Cellar Bistro. Had marginally better luck at somewhere called Seebreeze last year. If anyone has any better suggestions they would be gratefully received as we are off there for our annual trip next week.

grum
    Free Member

Pizza restaurant in Mach isn’t bad.

singlespeedstu

Pizza restaurant in Mach isn’t bad.

+1 The Wynnstay for pizza.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Why did nobody warn me about the 10 mile fire road bimble to reach the top..
    Must have sweated about 4 litres, got a bit lost and took a wrong turn down the rocky enduro trail which added more fire road climbing. The actual decent was good fun, especially enjoyed the top third. The big berms are in tatters and are in desperate need of maintenance.. I’m guessing the locals have built some better trails elsewhere and are kept a bit secret, leaving climachx to the tourists. Is there a short route back up to the top rather than the fireroad?

jam-bo

turn left halfway up the hill i seem to remember. some shonky north shore drops you in at the top of the main descent.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘climachx… how to get there and where to park?’ is closed to new replies.