Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • climach x trail. is the final descent open?
  • armchairbiker

I am staying near Mach this week and thinking of riding the Climach x trail. The dyfi bike website says the final descent is closed, but no comments on when it’s open

Is this out of date,or if if it’s still closed. Is the alternative route worth doing?

mattmbk
    Free Member

Went there yesterday, it is still closed as is the car park. I think you can park at the bottom somewhere ( I rode there ). You get to do a 40 mph fireroad descent instead.

Garry_Lager

Did it yesterday myself, first time riding it [knew the black descent was closed so was just out for a leg turner].

See that bridleway next to it, immediately to the right? I wanted to give it a go, but no map and having to be back for my tea meant I swerved it and just blasted back down the road. It looks like it would take you back down to Corris, though, so maybe is a more interesting alternative?

Tastypixels
    Free Member

The final descent won’t be open for another 4 weeks unfortunately as we are waiting for the contractors to finish felling in the area. The trail is totally blocked on this part of the trail.
    There are an number of other options on the way down but non of them are ‘official’ so the bridal way to the right is a good option.

timmys

From Mach you’re only 35 min from Nant-y-Arian or Coed y Brenin if you are driving.

armchairbiker

Thanks all. Though even without the final descent – it’s still a good ride to go around.

I am in AberDovery – hence thinking of Climach X as it will take a good 15 mins to get there in the first place

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘climach x trail. is the final descent open?’ is closed to new replies.