Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Clicking noise diagnosis needed!
  • meandyuk

Hi, i’ve got a canyon nerve xc with an rp2 shock and its making a clicking noise when the suspension is compressed.

Funny thing is that when I let the air out of the shock and push down on the saddle the clicking noise disapears… anyone know what it’s likely to be? hoping not the shock itself.

cheers
    Andy

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Worn or damaged DU Bush?

meandyuk

DU bush?

Seems to have developed during the first ride so it shouldn’t be worn

meandyuk

I’ve slackened off the bolt going into the top of the shock and it appears to have stopped the clicking noise…

how tight should this bolt be, does anyone know?

coatesy
    Free Member

Seem to have a similar problem on a Spicey at the moment,the pivot bolts seem to be a little undersized. The tech support guys at Hotlines have suggested that they need to be done up really tightly(though i’m not convinced tightening side to side is really able to stop fore and aft movement)

ltheisinger
    Free Member

The correct torque should applied? See the manual of the bike for the correct torque. The shop may have overtightened?

meandyuk

The manual is a bit garbage, I can’t see the torque settings. The thing is, the more I tighten the top bolt the louder the clicking noise is!

I’m also concerned the the bolt is not actually long enough – im guessing it should go all the way through but it doesn’t seem to and theres about 2/3mm of thread still showing when tightened.

Bloody annoying

meandyuk

If anyone has a canyon nerve xc (2011) and is interested in the torque settings for the rear suspension pivots, here they are:-

All bolts need to be torqued correctly and thread-locked with Loctite Medium (#243). The torque values for your bike’s suspension pivotsare as follows:

• Main pivot behind bottom bracket: 22-25NM
    • M4 bolts (4mm): 4-6 NM
    • M5 bolts (5mm): 6-9 NM

I’m going to give it a go with the loctite tonight to see if it fixes my clicking noise.

Cheers
    Andy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Clicking noise diagnosis needed!’ is closed to new replies.