Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • "clicking" achilies
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Had a shortish road ride (couple of hours) last night so hit local steep climbs reasonably hard to make up for the limited distance. This morning my legs feel as I’d expect (bit of tiredness, nothing extraordinary) but when I walk down any stairs I can feel a sort of clicking in my achilies, no pain and no obvious reduction in mobility. Any idea what it is, other than cat aids?

scotroutes

Are you feeling a bit too warm at the moment?
    Do you have a red nose?
    Do you know anyone with a big white beard?
    Do you feel a strange attraction towards sleighs and brightly wrapped parcels around Xmas time?

atlaz
    Free Member

So yeah, anyone else?

pocpoc
    Free Member

Mine click when I walk round the house randomly.
    Not related to exercise, in fact normally happens after periods of inactivity such as when I first get up out of bed in a morning.
    Makes ninja-ing around the house early on a morning without waking anyone up quite difficult!
    Don’t know why it happens and never looked in to it because it’s always happened as long as I can remember.

So you’re not alone, but I’ve got no real answer for you. 😕

Drac

Loose boards on the stairs.

atlaz
    Free Member

Okay awesome. No cat aids and it seems unlikely my achilies is going to snap like a rubber band

shermer75
    Free Member

If not painful or restricting range of motion then nothing to worry about

mahowlett
    Free Member

I get that sometimes, usually after a long ride, I think it’s because the tendon is inflamed due the hard use you put it through the day before, and now it doesn’t run as smoothly in the tendon sheath as it normally does, ibuprofen should help, other than that it should be better in a couple of days

growinglad
    Free Member

Yeah, I get this too.

It looks like we are not alone!

gravitysucks
    Free Member

I had a squeaky Achilles once. Sounded like a mouse or halloumi cheese when I walked around.
    It was inflamed due to overstretching after running my saddle to high on a long road ride.

richmtb

Not related to exercise, in fact normally happens after periods of inactivity such as when I first get up out of bed in a morning.

I get this, feels like an elastic twanging, not really painful but not exactly pleasant either

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thats a relief, mine often feels tight in the mornings too.

mattyfez

Woah, my left ankle clicks at the back randomly..
    Not painful or restrictive, so in typical male fasion, I just ignore it, it’s done it for years. Doesnt seem to be reated to excersize or anything.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i’ve had this too. it went away, so i forgot about it.

glad i’m not the only one!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘"clicking" achilies’ is closed to new replies.