• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Clickbait…
  • Kit
    Free Member

Seriously, you want to check this out!

(But really seriously, looking for feedback from you lovely people, thanks 🙂 )

Kit
    Free Member

…and watching the real time Google Analytics stats is quite interesting 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A personal note – Not keen on the “About” picture.

My reasoning? Well, one of my grandfathers was a senior RAF policeman, and a man so smooth he’d have made David Niven feel like coarse grade sandpaper. During a tour in Aden, he made a point of making sure his men removed their sunglasses whenever talking to anyone outside of their own group. He believed, and I agree, that eye contact was key to establishing stronger relationships. Being behind sunglasses seemed to be hiding something. This has stuck with me through life as a wise thing.*

So, I’d change that. Oh, and he’d also have said you either grow a beard or you don’t. You have done neither. 😉

Otherwise, I like it.

*He also enshrined, for both my father and I, a fully understandable mistrust of any man who whistles in a lift. NEVER trust a man who whistles in a lift. Ever.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crikey
    Free Member

…and get a shave, scruffy!

km79
    Free Member

Nice photies, wish I could take even one as good.

Kit
    Free Member

Hah, I agree about sunnies in a ‘profile’ pic, but it’s the best I have at the moment! I’ll sort out a proper one soon 🙂

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I popped into the shop hoping I’d see you but you weren’t there. 😥 I shan’t be back.

jekkyl

do you sometimes pretend you’re the voice of your car? and say things like ‘okay Michael’ before turbo boosting through a window. ?

Kit
    Free Member

…and say things like ‘okay Michael’

There’s nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Lumberjacking didn’t work out for you eh?
    Never mind. 😉

leffeboy

Looks very lovely, well done.

If you want suggestions then I would at a minimum have ‘Scotland’ in your footer as well as ‘Scotland’ after places like ‘Lauriston Castle’, ‘Forth Road bridge’ etc. Similarly on your contact page have an address even if it is just a city/country. The reason is simply that if someone is Googling for a photographer then Google will try and give them ones local to them rather than in Australia (unless they are in Australia of course)

When you have words like ‘landscapes’ try and make them link to a landscapes gallery. Basically you have to do all you can to help Google (bing etc) work out who you are, where you are and what you do. e.g. for your ‘Leith Dock’ photo you could have the alt text as ‘lifting mechanism Leith docks’

Loving the pictures though, especially the Leith Dock one. I’m jealous

Kit
    Free Member

Lumberjacking didn’t work out for you eh?

I’m working on that site too. Think suspenders… 😉

leffeboy thanks for the feedback, I’ll definitely implement a load of those. Appreciate it 🙂 And drop me an email, would you? Might be able to sort you a print of that Leith photo if you’re interested.

poly
    Free Member

Scrolling vertically to make the images move horizontally is counter intuitive for me – but the pics are nice!

igm

I don’t think I’ve ever whistled in a lift.

But I intend to start.

Probably next time I’m in London.

As you were.

jambalaya
    Free Member

What sort of work do you want to get ?

It has a youthful feel to it, interesting photos but I am not sure who the website is aimed at

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

No pictures of Jimmy. 😥

jimmy

You need a member’s code

Kit
    Free Member

Scrolling vertically to make the images move horizontally is counter intuitive for me

You can use the direction arrows on the keyboard, I think…

jambalaya – looking for portrait and events work, eventually. Needed something to start off with but will refine it with time. It’s mostly a vehicle to punt landscape prints to begin with, once I’ve got the shop set up. No idea who it’s aimed at, at the mo…er…everyone? Not a great answer, I know, but I’ll work it out soon enough when I do my business plan!

You need a member’s code

And by code he means eye bleach.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Clickbait…’ is closed to new replies.