Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 162 total)
  • CLIC24
  • GaryLake
    Free Member

I really didn’t get out and take many pics given the conditions – shame 🙁

JasonLock
    Free Member

Well done Iain, Ollie, Julian and Marcus, for doing the most team laps!
    Chris is now officialy a living legend, having done the hat trick for the team over the last three years has now gone on to do most solo laps at his first 24hr Solo event! that’s why Neil calls it a roll of honor on the clic24 website, what a guy!

Harry_the_Spider

Just got a text from terrahawk.

2nd solo, 20 laps!

Nice one fella.

slugwash
    Free Member

I wanted to do ten laps but managed, ahem, four. Was back home in Devon before the event finished ‘cos it was wet and I couldn’t be arsed to replace my worn out rear brake pads. Great event though and will back next year. Cheers Neil and all the crew 🙂

Photos…

Shinythings and Pikey on the start line

The same spot two laps later

Backing up on the downhills on lap one

Jules double snakebite punctures (plus one more) on lap two

Bikestyle Billy & Pikey, Shinythings, Me all on lap two after torrential downpour

Hayden and Sweetjumps off the bikes at end of lap three. (Hayden was never on his 😉 )

Sweetjump’s tent billowing dramaticaly in the early Sunday morning wind (With a sleeping Sharki trapped somewhere inside!)

Ti29er
    Free Member

Pictures from Sunday starting about 06:20hrs here:
    http://www.everybodysmile.biz/cgi-bin/directlink.cgi?event_id=81124
    From tomorrow. Some may be up this evening.

Tim

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Is Pikey Wearing body armour?!!

terrahawk
    Free Member

My van I still loaded to the gills with tents, a knackered gazebo, 2 filthy bikes and all sorts of other stuff that will probably necer clean.

Great event, I really enjoyed keeping the pressure on the bloke who won by one lap in the end. Fair play to him, he was consistent for most of the race. Anyone know him?

Anyone got a photo of 388?

GaryLake
    Free Member

Just uploading my pics now – wish I’d taken more now as I’m pretty pleased with the few I have.

Anyone snap rider 95?

sharki
    Free Member

terrahawk
    Free Member

does anyone know the geeky stats of the course – how long, total climb?

sharki
    Free Member

some more un numbered rider pics

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

That is some *textbook* dabbing by un-numbered rider in Pic 2 ;O)

Wasn’t competing hence lack of numberboard – just rode out to do Neil’s Tribute lap, and then did my own tribute lap. Then rode home.

JasonLock
    Free Member

terrahawk – Member
    My van I still loaded to the gills with tents, a knackered gazebo, 2 filthy bikes and all sorts of other stuff that will probably necer clean.

Great event, I really enjoyed keeping the pressure on the bloke who won by one lap in the end. Fair play to him, he was consistent for most of the race. Anyone know him?

Yes, it’s Chris Cooknell, he was riding for Bike City, he was part of the original 4 man team who have won for the last 3 years and decided to go solo this year and do his first 24hr!

This was a good move as not only did Bike City get the solo ‘win’ they also got the team ‘win’ again makining it 4 years in a row!

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Jase – IIRC, course is just under 10miles round, with 1000ft of climbing*.

Sounds like you did the best part of 200miles and 20,000ft of climbing then.

*doffs cap*

(*Could be wrong, mind).

JasonLock
    Free Member

Thurman Merman – Member
    Jase – IIRC, course is just under 10miles round, with 1000ft of climbing*.

Sounds like you did the best part of 200miles and 20,000ft of climbing then.

*doffs cap*

(*Could be wrong, mind).

The course is a tad under 9 miles from memory!

Ti29er
    Free Member

The first set of images are now live.
    This takes us up to 08:00
    I was only taking pictures on the Sunday & between the mast and the rock garden / the blue bells, which I guess is the first 1/5th of the circuit.

This will help you locate yourselves as there are several pages of pictures, each with 30 imgaes per page.

The rest of the images will be live in probably 2x installments, mid day and later this evening.
    Tim

SweetJumps
    Free Member

Nice picture of my tent slugwash. Did you get any shots of me actually on my bike?
    Si, where were you, can you not see what you missed out on?

Scienceofficer – Yes Pikey is in body armour, we all wear it now as we’ve noticed it takes much longer to heal as we get older and we all have jobs to do, WAGs to keep and children to support when we are not riding.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Loved the event even though the weather was rather Grimy! My team gave up combined with the weather and the long drive well 2hours on no sleep forced me to give up after 6 laps! boo team did 22!

Loved the course my small block 8’s were such good fun to ride on especially the bluebell section some good sideways action!

I took some photos but only in the arena:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Splodge360/Clic24#

edd

Jason – how many laps did Chris do?

GaryLake
    Free Member

Couple of snaps from the day…

MrAgreeable

Blimey. 😯

I definitely have to sign up for this event next year, it’s due some nice weather! Chapeau to all the chaps and chapesses riding, and particularly the LVIS lot, it sounds like the SS supersquad did good again!

Alex

I wonder how much it’s raised for Clic-Sargent. The only reason I do ANY of this type of event is for the charity, and I think that’s what makes it such a laid back weekend. Lots of riders who probably wouldn’t do SITS or MM.

I was interested in an earlier comment that it wasn’t very busy, as Neil told me it was full which is 500 riders isn’t it?

Certainly didn’t seem to be as busy on the course. Beer tent was full tho!

noteeth
    Free Member

Riding my first lap (straight after the mass rolling tribute), I dropped into the singletrack – the sun was out, the bluebells were looking gorgeous and the trail was drying out nicely – and I thought… maybe it will be ok…

Great event, though – and a fantastic cause.

Any photos of Rider 129 welcome.

sharki
    Free Member

noteeth, if you want it, my addy is in profile

noteeth
    Free Member

Ah, cheers mate!

Was going nicely at that point – till I stacked at the stream crossing… 😳

I used to clear it all the time as a kid, honest.

sharki
    Free Member

lol..

There was a couple taking pics down at the crossing..one was doing it (iirc) for bike city!

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Oo me knees; feeling those laps this morning. Good job we’ve got one of these to get up to the office!

I’ve now ridden two single-speeds in just over a weekend, Sharki’s Santa Cruz and a Stannah stair-lift. I can confirm the Santa Cruz on the Mendips was more fun.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Sharki any ideas how ADH got on? he was showing 11 laps at 7am this morning and it appeared he was having a kip.

I stacked it. I was on my 11th lap about midnight, felt good and strong, just settling into my night laps when that rooty corner on the first bit of the descent that I’d been straight lining all event bit back. Front caught a root wrong, flicked me straight over the front. I was pretty shaken becuase I was tanking along a fair bit, and initially thought I’d got away with it as the bike looked OK, then noticed the mech had bent, so roughly bent it back into shape.

Got about 300 yards and the mech snapped, disappearing into my rear wheel. Took about 10 mins to extract it. Managed to singlespeed bodge it and rode back gingerly. My heel of my left hand was pretty bruised and could not find a comfortable position to put it in. Thought a bit of ibuprofen and a kip would help, so went to sleep with the intention of doing some token laps in the morning. Woke up, took the singlepeed as far as the transmitters up the road, could not hold the bar properly, or at all really, so turned round and we packed up and left.

Gutted as I was equal first with another two riders, felt good and strong, felt like I could have kept that pace up for another 12 hrs no problem, but that’s bike racing, it can all be over in a flash.

Ho hum. Was having fun up to that point.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that ADH you were going well, have you had that hand checked for possible scaphiod fractures?

sharki
    Free Member

Gutted for you mate.
    The only time i road the course, i imagined a few riders having moments on that corner, straight lining it was an option but for the sake of seconds on a solo 24hr, railing the corner close to the fence line wouldn’t of been much different..you’ll learn.

Hope it’s just bruising Andy.

Keep smiling.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Sorry Andy!!! What a pain…

Still bloody brave of you to a) finish the lap and b) even try another in the morning.

I reckon I’d have cried, packed up and gone home there and then… :'(

clubber
    Free Member

Nightmare Andy – top work though up to that point. Hope it’s just bruising.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

straight lining it was an option but for the sake of seconds on a solo 24hr, railing the corner close to the fence line wouldn’t of been much different..you’ll learn.

I tried that on one lap to get round a slower rider. It was so soft my tyres were not having it, serious sideways action – it was actually safer to straight line it. I wasn’t straight lining it for speed, and I wasn’t tanking it along thinking of my lap time, far from it, I just didn’t want to drag my brakes, or my pads would never last the duration.

Cherrs for the concern kingtut, Andy Boyd gave it a good prodding (ouch!) and we’re both pretty happy that is just deep tissue bruising to the heel of my hand. If it still hurts in a week I’ll get it x-rayed for a scaphoid break. Hopefully I’ll be OK for the 12. I have an exciting collection of purple LVIS style bruises coming up to show off …

clubber
    Free Member

Get a photo of it! 🙂

judderman
    Free Member

straight lining it was an option but for the sake of seconds on a solo 24hr, railing the corner close to the fence line wouldn’t of been much different..you’ll learn
    I tried that on one lap to get round a slower rider. It was so soft my tyres were not having it, serious sideways action – it was actually safer to straight line it.

Take the left 10 yards before the roots it takes you up slightly behind the tree/bush and then drops you back down just after the roots. It is 1 or 2 seconds slower but much safer when its greasy.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Team Results:

Team Name Laps
    Bike City 31
    Cheddar Cycle Store 30
    LVIS Singlespeed Superstars 29
    Preston Tyre Kickers 28
    Lard Racing 27
    The Cheesy Riders – Stilton 25
    Hydrock & Dyson 25
    Bournemouth University 24
    Yogi One 24
    The Real Bike City 23
    Pablo’s Piledrivers Part Deux 23
    MTB Wales/AWE MTB 23
    Team Bomb A 22
    Phasenineclothing.co.uk 22
    Mud, Sweat and Gears 21
    The Four Riders of the Achypolyps 21
    Yogi Two 21
    The Jolly Jibber 20
    AOAC 20
    Disk Brake Divas 19
    Saddle on Tight 19
    Equally Bonkers 19
    Extra STDs 18
    Bonkers 18
    The Wheel Deal 18
    Village Bike 18
    Lunar Loonies 17
    Wii Not So Fit 17
    Team Bomb B 16
    Rock + Rouleur 16
    Team Last Trail to Transcentral 16
    Team Gravy Racing 16
    Clitheroe Bike Club 16
    The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 16
    Mahle Muppets 16
    Mud Chucking for Mr Phelps 16
    Bungle in the Jungle 16
    Phelpsy Dirt Busters 15
    Amazing Spokers 2 15
    The Stabilisers 15
    The Alpine (Gear) Shifters 14
    Two Tyred 14
    Amazing Spokers 1 14
    AWEsome Bikers 14
    Biker Bum’s 14
    STDs 14
    Numb Nuts 13
    Hardcore Loafing 12
    Team Two Tyred 1 12
    Team 9 12
    Tafia 12
    Black Sheep 10
    Leisure Wheels Lads on Tour 10
    Lapp Riders 10
    Dolly Mixtures 9
    Leisure Wheels Lovettes 9
    Crazy Crankheads 9
    Ragin Saddles 9
    Team Yellow Belly Bikers 9
    The Spokes 9
    Leisure Wheels Dandy’s 8
    24 Hour Biking People 8
    BBC1 8
    BBC2 8
    Muckfly 6
    The Insomniacs 6
    BBC3 6
    Slack, Back, Crack and Botox 2
    Norfolk ‘n Chance 2
    Gang Green 0
    Dynamo Pugwash 0

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I have an exciting collection of purple LVIS style bruises coming up to show off …

You should see my leg looks like a cat scratching post, I had to fall into the only thorn bush on the course. 🙄

underthesun
    Free Member

Just got the final lap count. 3rd solo so I’m well chuffed with that.

Great course. It held up well considering all the rain. The food on all weekend was fantastic (especially on Friday night with the hog roast). I couldn’t believe the amount of beer that was drunk on the Friday night!!

xc-steve
    Free Member

Any photos of rider 103? Or have I managed the cameras again… I’m beginning to worry that I’m actually a ghost!

MrAgreeable

ADH, ouch! Heal up soon mate. I tell you what would be good therapy – come digging with me the week after next. 😉

Mike, was Debbie not pit crewing for you? Divorce her this instant!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘CLIC24’ is closed to new replies.