Viewing 38 posts - 161 through 198 (of 198 total)
  • CLIC24, who’s on board?
  • simondbarnes

Would’nt know about weather, I’ve been up all night trying to get my Speed King supersonics to seal

Alex

I’ve gone with an inspired tyre choice of “what’s currently on the rim”. Anyway taking more tyres means less room for alcohol therapy. I’m just off to lie face down in the wet grass for a couple of hours to mentally prepare myself for what’s coming 😉

clubber
    Free Member

God I don’t envy you lot for the riding though I’m sure that everyone who follows the LVIS example will still have a brilliant time.

There was a massive rain shower as I was going through Long Ashton this morning (about 15 miles from the Mendips) – proper windscreen wipers on max speed and still not clearing the screen type stuff… Bring your mud tyres and crud guards and LOTS of spare kit 🙂

Good Luck all of you!

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Number 372 and will be on a green Dialled SS.

All packed and ready to roll, it’s only 20 minutes from my work and I finish at 3:30 today so I might be the first in the field or if the weather isn’t too bad might do a quick spin of the course ( or if it is really hammering down I might just go home and come up in the morning).

I will be billy no mates this weekend so if I camp tonight and anyone needs an extra pair of hands, just look for a silver Seat Alhambra and a green dome tent (or someone sleeping in the back) and come over and ask, happy to help put up a tent or change tyres etc.

Lee

Alex

You may regret that Lee. If you have any involvement in the “tent of death” and “gazeebo of pain” that I have to put up. If you see a bloke beating his head against a silver x-trail while surrounded by random canvas, feel free to come over and help.

There will be beer 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I’ve purchases a rear crud catcher, I never ever thought that would ever happen.

😳

clubber
    Free Member

Well at least you ride a bike that can’t be made any uglier by the addition of it 😉

MrAgreeable

Mike, now you just need to replace some of that fancy drivetrain with some pauper-tastic XT kit and you’ll be one of us. 🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

You are all Doooooommmmmeed.

Mwhahahahahahaha!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Ha, my Five is going to look ghetto as with it’s Cycraguard rear and down tube guards and some inner tube zip tied around the fork corwn 😀

Add skinny trailrakers and an overshoe clad rider – shexy!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Well at least you ride a bike that can’t be made any uglier by the addition of it

I have to admit that I actually thought the crud catcher looked alright in situ, so perhaps their mutual ugliness produced some kind of synergy.

Anyway I only bought it as I don’t want to ruin my Assos shorts.

😉

clubber
    Free Member

I figured that you were probably worried about clogging the breathing holes in your shorts…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I figured that you were probably worried about clogging the breathing holes in your shorts…

No no, I’ve ditched the golf ball effect shorts for compression effect shorts, I felt it was the way forward.

clubber
    Free Member

Do you look like a roast joint now then? 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Candodavid
    Free Member

MMM still raining in Wells, it’s gonna be a proper sh*tefest, thank god my wife had the sense to enter race for life, Won’t be on Mendip till late sunday….Scienceofficer,you wanna do a stockhill?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

MMM still raining in Wells, it’s gonna be a proper sh*tefest,

Well I’m determined to see the race through the night, just to justify the light I bought!

Candodavid
    Free Member

Kingtut, did you get your shoes sorted?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

MMM still raining in Wells, it’s gonna be a proper sh*tefest,

Yes(ish) he admitted that he’d done a rush job and re-soled them for me, they are still not brilliant. I won’t be going back

Candodavid
    Free Member

I’m only in wells , make yourself known and i’ll help you out

GaryLake
    Free Member

Ok, I’m convinced about riding the singlespeed now.

But tyres? What’s the epic-mud to bridleway/road/good-ground ratio like? My gut feeling is to chance the high rollers and trust in my ability to stay upright in the crap but if most of the lap is going to be like that then I’ll concede to the Trailrakers… Are any of the climbs going to be deep mud?

Thoughts?

terrahawk
    Free Member

FFS.

that’s all I can say.

GaryLake
    Free Member

FFS.

that’s all I can say.

Quite. I’ve been lucky so I suppose it’s only fair I’d have a wet event sooner or later.

I hope this is weather credits banked for the bristol bike fest and it’ll bloody lovely there!

underthesun
    Free Member

How about just ride the event!!

If its sh*tty then put mud tyres on. If its dry put semi slicks on. Simple.

underthesun
    Free Member

Anyhow there is a fair chance the course might dry out between now and tomorrow midday (if it stops raining). Its very mild and with a bit of breeze it could dry out (ish).

GaryLake
    Free Member

How about just ride the event!!

If its sh*tty then put mud tyres on. If its dry put semi slicks on. Simple.

Oh get into the spirit of agonising over pointless decisions and talking crap on the internets!!! 😛

GaryLake
    Free Member

Anyhow there is a fair chance the course might dry out between now and tomorrow midday (if it stops raining). Its very mild and with a bit of breeze it could dry out (ish).

Although this is the kind of desperate optimism I can get on board with!

noteeth
    Free Member

Ah, ****. I grew up on these trails – and was desperately hoping for a dry and dusty weekend.

But then water made the Mendips what they are today, innit. 😀

xc-steve
    Free Member

Can’t we all just fabricate the weekend that we all raced rode the ride and finished… but infact we were all down the pub? Hangovers can be very similar to bonking!

Someone turned up with a good bike wash, Washing machine and drier that’s why all our gear is clean…..

Any takers?!

twinklydave

this weather should make for an ‘interesting’ drive down there 😥

not even thinking about the actual riding yet

terrahawk
    Free Member

I like the cut of your jib, steve.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Can’t wait to join the queue for getting car pulled out of the field as well!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Surely not!!! via twitter…

CLIC24 Course is perfect. Grippy and dry!! Signs going up now. Almost ready for everyones arrival http://yfrog.com/12k5aj

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Right im off, see all you Friday nighters up there later!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I was up there late morning to about 15:00. It pissed down all morning and has been stuttering on and off till I left.

Its looking wetter than that twitter thing suggests.

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

About an hour ago – can you make the radio masts out through the mist and rain? We put our tents up and retreated to warm homes for the night!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Was gorgeous up there this evening!

cheers_drive

Was gorgeous up there this evening!

I wouldn’t say gorgeous but the conditions were better than expected (at least in the camp site). Pitched the tent, had a hog roast and pint and returned to Bristol and a warm house ;0)

Viewing 38 posts - 161 through 198 (of 198 total)

The topic ‘CLIC24, who’s on board?’ is closed to new replies.