Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cli-machx – shortcut ?
  • jiff
    Free Member

Am going up to Cli-machx at the weekend. We intend to do the complete route, but I know from previous that (somewhere !) there’s a shortcut from the fire road climb that takes you on to the north shore and burms at the end. How do you find the start of this short-cut ?. What do I look for please ?.
    Plan is to do the complete route then add another half or short-cut on at the end.
    Also, when up there last year it seemed a bit cut up in places by the forestry- what state is it these days ?

Thanks all.

flatfish
    Free Member

keep going up the fire road until there is a blindingly obvious left hand fire road on a slight down slope, follow that all the way up past the mast and you can’t go wrong.

jiff
    Free Member

Thanks FF – will the mast be visible from wher we pick up the left turn ?. Knowing me, I fear it really will need to be “blindingly obvious”….

flatfish
    Free Member

mast is out of sight at the turnoff but trust me when i say its blindingly obvious.

Onzadog
    Free Member

That takes you to wozzas wobble but there is another sort cut that take you to the flater start of the black, twin sisters or seven sisters or something like that. Pick up a map from the local bike shop and both short cuts can be worked out from that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cli-machx – shortcut ?’ is closed to new replies.