Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Clever little idea for lighting…..
  • jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Lightlane

One of those ‘I wish I’d thought of that’ inventions.

opinions?

hilldodger
    Free Member

Looks a nice idea, anything that combines bikes and lasers must be good…..

IanMunro
    Free Member

Awful.

clubber
    Free Member

Clever idea. It’d be interesting to see any results from it though – eg similar to when the guy rode his bike with and without a helmet and measured how close cars passed by him. Drivers will either take note and give room or could even be distracted by it and end up riding closer while looking at the lines…

peachos
    Free Member

has to be some legality issues. think – laser pointers being pointed in bus drivers eyes.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Interesting and clever idea

jimmy

hmmmmm… potentially good idea, in reality how many drivers are going to notice AND take appropiate action?

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

I like the idea of a virtual lane – drivers like lanes, they understand them and it may help them judge distance from cyclists better.

thomthumb
    Free Member

great concept – however i find my biggest problem is not night time it’s day. at night drivers can’t really judge where you are as well so give you more room – by day they can see where you are and so go by with jet fighter acuracy leaving you inchs!

J0N
    Free Member

Awful Idea. like a driver is going to see thin laser lines on a road. Wont be bright enough in a street lit area anyway. Doesnt look wide enough either. I like a good doors length of space.

zaskar
    Free Member

How about a star trek shield generator on the bike or…

Serious note, I think anything that doesn’t break the bank and gives more awareness of cyclists at night is a good thing.

But looks like it’ll work best for lorry drivers as they are higher up and see the green lines more than a lower car driver.

What you really need a is a device on the bike that triggers the RDS on car radios emitting a cyclist beep.

AdamT

Could you rig up some kinda radar emission thingy that mimics what a mobile speed camera chucks out. This might trigger those road angel “safety” devices and slow people down a bit.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Clever little idea for lighting…..’ is closed to new replies.