Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Clever fork type people fox 36 van question
  • Lummox

Hi all

I have a pair of 36van r’s with a yellow spring.

The forks seem very divey compared to my revelations and don’t feel like the initial part of the travel offers much support.

My options that I know are to

locate a float cartridge and hope the inside of the stanchions aren’t too scored to allow it to work, or

Sell and buy a pair of 160mm air forks

I’m hoping there might be other options, perhaps adding an air pre load to the compression side? Or shimming the spring to ‘prop’ up the initial part of the travel.

So any one got any ideas?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Yes there is another option. The low speed compression on the Van R is factory set and so not user adjustable but it can be adjusted by a service/tuning shop. Someone like Mojo, LoCo or TF Tuned should be able to do this as part of a service at the same time.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

with a yellow spring.

Not much use stating that without your weight. Is teh spring right for you? Have you added a bit of preload?

Van’s are one of the best action of any fork. The ‘divey’ feel might be simply them using their initial travel more readily than your sticky old Rev’s

Bagstard
    Free Member

Firmer spring, or am I missing something?!

LoCo
    Free Member

The older FIT carts. (bladder at bottom) can’t be serviced anymore as the parts are no longer available.
    The open bath damper can be tuned a bit too.

Float conversion probably won’t work as the inners of the leg will be marked.

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Firmer spring. Job done. NEXT!

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes obviously a spring is another option, depending on what sag you’re getting with present spring.

Lummox

The current yellow spring is I believe the extra firm, and no stronger spring is available to the best of my knowledge. It’s roughly sitting at the appropriate sag for the type of riding i was/ will use the fork for (dh, alps and rougher trail stuff sitting at 1/3rd travel) and as my user name would suggest I’m 115kg in kit on a good day.

Interesting that the low speed compression may be able to be changed, once into their travel I’m happy with them.

Lord felcham suggesting a firmer spring – really! Thanks for your insightful suggestion but I am graced with a bit of common dog f?!k!

Perhaps my initial post should have been clearer.

geetee1972
    Free Member

The older FIT carts. (bladder at bottom) can’t be serviced anymore as the parts are no longer available.

That’s pretty poor. I thought they were still doing FIT cartridge forks on their OEM range until very recently?

LoCo
    Free Member

2010 was the last year they supplied the older (non inverted, (rebound at the top) FIT cart) I believe, Mojo still have a few service kits but arn’t supplying anymore.

You can upgrade to the later inverted FIT carts. as you can get them with retro (pre 2011) size topcaps.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Clever fork type people fox 36 van question’ is closed to new replies.