• This topic has 51 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Clent duffers wyre forest ride, wed 29th.
  • MicArms

Looking for new people to rip the piss out off, feel free to join in and give as good as you get. Couple of hours mincing through the undegrowth, falling off and generally having a laugh. Then a cheeky pint (or two) in the pub afterwards.

7PM from the Duke william pub..

shinsplints

Sorry Mick,no mincing for me this week – let me know what your plans are next week.Feel free to rip the piss out of me in my absence though ! 😀

MicArms

I might be a whippet ( very subjective) but theres there plenty of three legged slouths on valium in the group..More the merrier, just like the US marines, no one gets left behind.

frepster
    Free Member

I might be up for this, i ride the clent hills sometimes and have always wondered what the wyre forest is like. Im fixing my leaky porch roof on wednesday but i will come out if i get it fixed in time.

rOcKeTdOg

Mick you need to invite the uptight roadie from the ‘mtbers who ride with road clubs’ thread on this one

MicArms

RD,
    I was thinking that, but I don’t think it would be his cup of EPO.

frepster,
    feel free to tag along, DIY permitting. Like Clent but not as hilly. and a bit muddy…

Pickers

I’d like to join in if I may.
    Haven’t ridden there for years.
    I like the “no-one gets left behind” bit!

bonesetter
    Free Member

Ah Mick’s reputation is over rated – you should see him when he’s just had a squashed testicular crash 😆

Epic
    Free Member

I could be tempted Mick, if I get away from work in Tenbury on time. Like Muddypuddle, I’m more St.Bernard class at the moment, but I too know the shortcuts. I also have a natural homing instinct for pubs 😉

See you 7pm at the Duke with luck!

votchy
    Free Member

**** me, we have a mailing list of about 20 people and only 3 or 4 ever respond, a post on here and there will be more than ever

votchy (st bernard class jey mincer 😉

singlespeedstu

I’d come Mick but I heard that bonsetter rides a twattyniner and i couldn’t take the chance of being seen out on the trails with “one of them”.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Mock ye not! – normal sized wheels were in equal showing on last Wednesday’s ride with the small wheels – so the more the merrier

sp
    Free Member

ROTFPML @ singlespeedstu comment, :mrgreen: (Sorry bonsetter)

rOcKeTdOg

there’s a mailing list?

singlespeedstu

Oh the irony’s killing me.

MicArms

I have heard that Bonesetter’s stream bound pirrouette is a sight to behold! Unfortunately, he’s always seems to be behind me.

Looking forward to seeing some new faces from the looks of it!

MicArms

If you must turn up on clown sized wheels, you will be getting more than your fair share of abuse. ( Unless you can ride better than me, luckily Bonesetter will never be in that league.)

singlespeedstu

I have heard that Bonesetter’s stream bound pirrouette is a sight to behold!

I heard he’s the messiah and can walk on water.

MicArms

Yeah, but walking on and falling in water are two completely different things!

shinsplints

Enjoy it fellas – its been p*ss*ng down here most of the day & all evening so could be a muddy one.If anyone has false/dodgy teeth be warned,the scratchings at the Duke William can be gnarly ! 😆

singlespeedstu

I heard he was so skinny that when he fell in the water he didn’t get wet.

votchy
    Free Member

Who told shinsplints about my tooth/root interface in toothless gully on the pepsi max?

sss – with feet that big his shoes act like pontoons

shinsplints

lol votchy – I didn’t mean that incident,although,must admit I am aware of it……one of the deer in the woods told me…. 😉

votchy
    Free Member

re the mailing list, a select bunch of people that neither ride with us or respond when mailled…

sheldona
    Free Member

I may be there and IF I come I’ll have ghey wheels but not 29″ oh and the swede fancies it too but doesn’t want to get his hairdressers beige interior covered in p00 😮

MicArms

I may be there and IF I come I’ll have ghey wheels but not 29″

Triple the abuse for that crime mate. 😀 And as for extra top tubes 😯 WTF? I don’t think we can calculate that one on the fashion crimes sheet!

sheldona
    Free Member

Take this pi5 all you like mate at least it’s not a Trek 🙂

TheSwede
    Free Member

Sorry lad’s but I mentioned it to that niche whore sheldon hoping he’d say ney as its too mainstream a venue for the god like exhibitor of ginger chris king articles. Weather looks ok so I’ll see thee at the duke. Now hows about that lift don 🙂

MicArms

See you there Suede. Don’t worry about Mr Niche, my bog standard kit will bring the bling factor down to an average level.
    All we need now is for it to stop peeing it down….

rOcKeTdOg

is there anything left of the forest after tonights storm? 😯
    still, river crossing should be entertaining

TheSwede
    Free Member

Hunts for mud tyres and seal skins 🙁

votchy
    Free Member

what storm? couple of rumbles of thunder and a bit of rain, leaving my small block 8’s on for entertainment 😆

Houns

Dry here a handful of miles away from the Forest.

I wont be out, we’re having a Birthday pub run ride from Kinver for a few of the lads birthdays

rOcKeTdOg

big storm with mucho lightening, torrential rain here, we cut the ride short as we were on steel bikes and ate biscuits instead

Houns

Biscuits are always better than riding

I’ve just sat in the garden with a brew popping some CX tyres on me bike

shinsplints

I’m tempted but have a job interview @ 8.45am the next day that I really should prepare for… (yeah I know 8.45am,WTF !) – a little concerned I may have my legs ripped off & then beaten round the head with them ? whats thee reckon mick ?

lrd
    Free Member

Broadband sorted then Houns. Of course if you weren’t on the birthday ride you’d be riding with us in the Wyre wouldn’t you, unless you’re not up to it just yet? 😉

MicArms

Your call Shinsplits, but won’t be a fast pace tomorrow night. How much prep do you need for an interview?

shinsplints

I need as much prep as I can get – I am an ugly looking,scruffy bugger 99% of the time ! :lol:- going to miss this one I’m afraid 🙁 – whats yer plans next week with shifts etc ? let me know,cheers,si 😀

bonesetter
    Free Member

I’ll see you later then guys.

Bruises just fading from last week’s off – the jump before and amount of air was just awesome though… 🙄 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Clent duffers wyre forest ride, wed 29th.’ is closed to new replies.