Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Clement X'Plor USH tubeless ready?
  • shuhockey
    Free Member

Anybody know if these are tubeless ready, came on the Croix de fer 30. Had a puncture in the rain this morning!!

ojom
    Free Member

They are not TL ready I’m afraid. A TL ready version is in development for the near future though.

Mark @2pure

somafunk

They’ve been saying that for over 2 years, give them a nudge will you mark? – i have a pair in my shed but never use them as tubed tyres are a pain in the arse.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    poah
    Free Member

will probably go up tubelss though

somafunk

Unfortunately they don’t set up tubeless, I’ve tried a few times

aP
    Free Member

I’ve been using XC LXV 29ers set up tubeless, and they work very well.
    Not the question you asked but they’ve been fine.

charliemort

my 40mm x’plor mso’s are okay tubeless on arch rims

so in true stw fashion you have yes and no answers!

ojom
    Free Member

Fear not. I am ‘Head of Nudging’.

You’ll be seeing a lot of cool things come this year.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

The TR version is imminent. That has come from someone who works for them in the US and has been testing them for a while.

somafunk

I tried to set my 40mm 120tpi xplor’s (early 2014 tyres – perhaps they changed the bead dia?) up on Velocity Aileron rims but they were far to baggy/loose on the rim – they are so loose that unless you wrapped a bit of insulation tape around the tyre + rim to hold them in place whilst fitting then they would just fall off and that’s with tubes – when i tried tubeless i used an entire roll of stans yellow tape and even then they were still loose on the rim – i eventually managed to get them up with the aid of a 240litre compressor up my workshop but as the sidewalls are so thin (i used 240ml of stans to get them sealed initially) and the bead dia was so loose i very quickly came to my senses and removed them – i wouldn’t have trusted them.

Perhaps it was an early batch of tyres with a slightly oversized bead dia or perhaps it was my velocity aileron rims but i doubt that as the rims set up tubeless really easy with On-One Gravel road, Compass Barlow Pass, Schwalbe One and Panaracer Gravel Road.

shuhockey
    Free Member

Thanks. That plan is out of the window then. I did notice the rear tyre was really easy to get on with just my thumbs and not even any effort.

Kamakazie

I have tried to get them to stay up on UST runs for a couple of weeks without success.
    There is a tubeless ready MSO that was announced last year although still doesn’t seem to be available.

I’m gonna try the gravel roads that soma recommended.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Clement X'Plor USH tubeless ready?’ is closed to new replies.