Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Clement tires – are they just not sold in the UK anymore?
  • aP
    Free Member

I’ve been looking for some Clement tires and no shop is showing them as being in stock currently in the UK. I assume that they’re basically not being sold here any more and I should look for something else instead?
    Does anyone know?

robware
    Free Member

Try searching for Clement tyres instead.

aP
    Free Member

Thanks, that’s really helpful.
    So, basically, no. OK, I’ll buy something else.

bencooper
    Free Member

What’s wrong with all the companies on Google selling them?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

JFGI.

http://www.2pure.co.uk/our-brands/clement/
    Then, give the nice people at 2Pure a call and ask them.

It’s really not that hard, you know.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Clement are still being sold in UK. Just not that many shops carry stock, as said above contact 2pure for stockist Info.

aP
    Free Member

Well I did JFGI, and there are no webshops showing stock of Clement tires in the UK, so I’d have thought it a reasonable assumption that either the importer has stopped bringing them into the UK, or there’s some other issue, after all – they’re mostly known for being a CX tire manufacturer and not actually being able to buy any tires during the 5 month CX season means you’re not going to sell many the rest of the year.
    Just a thought, you know?

samej
    Free Member

I bought some from Swinnerton Cycles recently.

Stuff

Edit: though actually you are right. They don’t have any in stock now.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

there are no webshops showing stock of Clement tires in the UK

Oh, well that’s that then. No point in ringing the distributors if there aren’t any showing in stock on the interwebz. After all, that’s far more reliable an assumption than the distributor knowing who’s buying what and when from them, isn’t it? And, as we all know, online stock systems are always 100% accurate, too! 😀

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just bought some clement xplor ush from probikekit

ojom
    Free Member

Mark at 2pure here.

We do indeed carry Clement still. We have had some issues this year with continuity of supply – these issues have now been resolved and funnily enough, our largest ever delivery is being counted in buy the warehouse team today.

We have a large back order book to contend with and I anticipate these will be fulfilled by the start to middle of next week.

I can help you hook up with a retailer if you like? What model were you after and where ’bouts are you chap?

M

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

OK, I have to say that I was pondering getting some Clements for my Diverge (hence opening the thread).

I now feel that I might just HAVE to get some! Top work, Mark and 2Pure!

Jamie
    Free Member

I now feel that I might just HAVE to get some! Top work, Mark and 2Pure!

I thought it was just mechanics you went all wobbly at the knees for. Seems it’s anyone in the industry.

BTW, you have a Diverge? Surprised you haven’t mentioned it. 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆 It’s the smell of rubber that does it for me, Jamie.

ojom
    Free Member

Is it because I am handsome. It is isn’t it? I knew it.

Seriously though, i want to help you get some fast. What model are you after? I am on PDX’s – proper nice.

Biased though so please make your own decision.

M

aP
    Free Member

Thanks Mark, it was for a clubmate who I’d recommended Crusade PDX to as he’d split a Vittoria tire when we were out on Sunday, only to find that no one had any in stock. But now we know that they will be back in stock next week and I can suggest that his next set of tires should be Clement.

Jamie
    Free Member

Is it because I am handsome. It is isn’t it? I knew it.

Your handsomeness is in direct proportion to you giving me some free 40c X’PLOR MSOs 8)

…but seriously, I’m sure you’re very dapper, and it’s good to see a decent supply of Clement tyres on the way, as will probably be after some in the new year.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

OI! I saw him first!

*Warms up handbag*

I need/want a couple of new sets, I think. A pair of PDX for mud (Thinking of SPAM Winter Challenge!) and a pair of USH.

Not too much to ask is it?

Jamie, you can have him when I’ve finished with him.

(Will be chatting to my LBS about tyres soon, and I’m pretty sure they have an account with you folks)

ojom
    Free Member

Really happy to see the interest. It’s a great range of products.

Jamie
    Free Member

(Will be chatting to my LBS about tyres soon….

I hear they are counting down the hours in anticipation… 😈

ojom
    Free Member

PDX – heaps coming. There is a long list of dealers who take these so I can email you some names if you like. email me on markdownie@2pure.co . . . uk – the code for the dealer to speed things up is CM-01000.

X’plor USH – Size: 700x35C 120TPI + 60TPI versions, we have these already in the w’house.

I can check on your LBS if you name them here.

rottwieler
    Free Member
    Jamie
    Free Member

Clement Tyres

aP
    Free Member

Thanks Jamie, could you do the next response in the style of Egon Schiele?

Jamie
    Free Member

aP
    Free Member

After some time….
    Herself has x’plor 35s on her bike, and I’ve managed to get LXVs to work tubeless on my niner 🙂
    …and I’ve got some more x’plor 35s in order from my lbs for Roubaix after Easter.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Sideways Tim has them in stock too..

somafunk

I’m a unashamed Clement tyre snob 😀 , been running these 3 types on my Tripster since 2pure brought them into the country (i used to work in a bike shop).

Strada LGG 120tpi in a 28mm – fantastic roadie tyre that can also handle a fair bit of abuse.

X’PLOR USH 120tpi , just a total fit n’ forget tyre – suitable for road,forest road,trails and general path hunting duties when out exploring. I’ll be taking a set of these tyres out to Cyprus later on in the year for my ride back home (hopefully) via whatever route i decide on a daily basis.

X’PLOR MSO 120tpi in 40mm A big cushion of comfort n’ grip, can be run at low pressure for surprising levels of grip or pumped up to roll very easy on road/forest road.

All we need is Tubeless versions and i’d be very happy indeed.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sprockets cycles in kilmarnock have good stock of them.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Clement tires – are they just not sold in the UK anymore?’ is closed to new replies.