Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cleat Bolts,
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Call this a PSA if you wish but having just spent the last hour drilling the bolts off so i could change the cleats, could i advise that people check the bolts aren't seized and grease them once in a while.

anyone know if you can buy the metal plate into which the cleats bolts screw, shoes are Sidi Dominators?

nbt

yes you can buy them, I think shimano cleats come with said plate

dreednya

a good slavering of copper slip/grease does the trick. Do up nice and tight and nice and easy to undo months/years later :o).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bikewhisperer
    Free Member

The plate is standard. Ask your LBS, although they may need to search around to get it as it's not a normal spare part.
    BTW, have a look at the recommended torque on your new cleats. You'll be very surprised at how low it is!

Goz
    Free Member

Pop in mrmo, ill sort some .

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

coppaslip. I took some cleat bolts out friday – came straight out.

Always use the appropriate grease / threadlock on bolts – its part of fettling.

oldgit
    Free Member

I get problems from the Hex heads wearing away.

If you have Eggbeaters and the heads are fubered just snap the little plate that sits under the screws with a screw driver then undo the exposed screws with Molegrips.

avdave2

I managed to get some out recently that had been in for 10 years! I had thought I was probably going to have to resort to the drill but luckily not. I put anti seize on the new bolts when they went in.

coatesy
    Free Member

New Shimano cleats now come with the plates you need(the ones we sell do, anyway), but if your shoes are the same as my old Dominators then the fun is only just beginning. Even though the insole is cut you'll have a pig of a job moving it to get to the plate, and getting it to sit back flush afterwards is just as much fun.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cleat Bolts,’ is closed to new replies.