Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Clearing over grown cyclepaths?
  • Dickyboy

Are there any groups that are likely to organise this or should i just stick a sickle in my panniers & sort it out myself?

Anyone got anywhere with getting a group like chiltern society or sustrans to help out – many hands making light work 🙂

kayla1
    Free Member

We usually bung a little folding saw and/or secateurs in one of our bags and use that when we go back to somewhere that was overgrown, it’s really satisfying to clear a path that was overgrown 😀 We sort of think along the lines of JFDI.

jimmy

I used to volunteer for sustrans to organise stuff like this. If it is an ncn route they’ll likely have a local group you can join. But it is probably the councils responsibility so ask first – a few times we spent some hours grafting away only for the council to come with their machines days later and hack a lot more down in a fraction of time.

zippykona

I find a chain dog lead useful for clearing nettles.

lustyd
    Free Member

Just be careful what tools you take, many of them will fail the “it’s a knife” test if the police find you…

Dickyboy

Thanks for advice, not on sustrans route & prob worth contacting council as someone has part cleared some spots, part is on a track by main A413 that I had never even seen it is that overgrown 🙁 only found it after checking out a commuting route for my wife.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Clearing over grown cyclepaths?’ is closed to new replies.