Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Clearing Out House
  • hitman
    Free Member

Posted something on this befiore but can't find the thread.

Think I might have some form of OCD as finding it increasingly difficult to throw things away! Having a clearout today – an tips? Should I apply the six month rule ie if it hasn't been used in the last 6 months then bin it?

wombat

Box thing up that you think you want to get rid of, date the box 6 months ahead, seal the box. If it's still sealed by the time the date on the box comes round bin it without opening it.

I'm rubbish at throwing stuff out, I've tried this and have been given to understand that it works (except I keep opening the @resing boxes 🙄 )

bassspine
    Free Member

freecycle is good for that kind of thing. (I use the 1 year rule, except for things like LPs, books and sentimental t-shirts I just can't bin them)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    takisawa2

Be ruthless.
    Chuck it all in a box, seal it up & stick it away.
    Bin said box after few months.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

i used to have that problem then I moved in with my gf, now I dont keep things for too long sometimes they barley get out of the packaging, after new year she wants to "sort out the garage with me!" is nothing sacred i'll send her round your house will be empty:)

GrahamS

mikewsmith: be warned, that's classic nesting behaviour!

Kahurangi

But don't bin it. Charity shops and freecycle will benefit and appreciate it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Clearing Out House’ is closed to new replies.