Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Clear glasses for night riding recommendation
  • Nor

I’m looking for recommendations for a pair of clear glasses for night riding. I’m a sweaty sort of rider and the ones I’ve tried fog up too readily, so I often end up riding without glasses. Not a great idea as I also value my eyes. My head/face is on the largish size. I have various specialized glasses that suit me fine for daylight riding.
    Suggestions welcomed

TooTall
    Free Member

Bolle / UVEX safety specs or similar. Cheap as owt.

uplink
    Free Member

Bolle safety specs from ebay?

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Go Down your local b&q, you’ll find some eye protection there that just the same as clear bike glasses for a fraction of the cost

lazybike
    Free Member

Decathlon do some with interchangable lens’s, pretty good for the money.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

bob heath visor spray on teh inside will go a long way to stopping fogging.

Bolle as above

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Bolle Spiders. Fiver on eBay, look nice and anti-mist.

scruff
    Free Member

Endura cheap ones are very good, cost about a tenner. B&Q glasses are not all the same, they are often less comfortable and may not be UV proof.

woody2000

scruff – he’s after clear glasses for night riding, I imagine UV-protection is not high on the list of requirements!

Second the Bolle Spiders.

Whatever you do, don’t buy any Bolas Spiders, they’re not very comfortable 🙂

angryratio
    Free Member

Maddison cheapies..
    with home applied rainx.

rocketman
    Free Member

NSP safety specs dark/clear lenses full-frame ear socks B&Q £7.99
    Or pimptastic yellow DeWalts iridium/clear lenses £10

Nor

Thanks for the suggestions. A certain theme emerged. Just for good measure I’ve splashed out on a pair of Spiders and Siliums and some Bob heath for good measure.
    Ta

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I would suggest that the majority of glasses will steam up, it’s not about the glasses it’s about our climate and whetehr you have tired any fog spray stuff. I find it doesn’t work and I just suffer with steamy glasses, see riding in Boulder, CO Was awesome as their climate is so dry!

wallop

Siliums

Careful with those – I have a pair for work, and on the basis that they (well, mine anyway) have metal frames, there’s no way I’d wear ’em riding.

I bought Contours for riding instead.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Clear glasses for night riding recommendation’ is closed to new replies.