Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cleaningkitchenunittrackworld
  • jimster01

Right I’ve got the absolute bugger of a staing to remove from a kitchen drawer – Beetroot juice – tried all the usual methods, hot soapy water, lemon juice, lots of elbow grease, and the stain is still there.

Any tips?

z1ppy

Be interested in other options, but by far the best all round cleaning product I’ve ever used is flash “all purpose’ cleaning fluid. Try some neat, though beetroot juice is the work of the devil.

Drac

Have you tried vinegar? White so to avoid more stains.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jimster01

Be interested in other options, but by far the best all round cleaning product I’ve ever used is flash “all purpose’ cleaning fluid. Try some neat, though beetroot juice is the work of the devil.

Only got the Bathroom Cleaner with Fabreze, didn’t touch it, but the kitchen does smell sweeter.

Have you tried vinegar? White so to avoid more stains.

Only got Cyder Vinegar, I’ll give that a go.

Drac

Leave it soaking for ages.

trail_rat
    Free Member

brake cleaner.

wwaswas

try and get the bit with the stain horizontal and build a little wall of plasticine around the stain and then you can ‘puddle’ the vinegar on it

jimster01

try and get the bit with the stain horizontal and build a little wall of plasticine around the stain and then you can ‘puddle’ the vinegar on it

That would arose the Mrs’s suspicions when she sees a drawer missing from the unit, suppose I could make a birds nest out of bluetack.

lcj

If the stain is in the drawer rather than outside, why not just fill the drawer with a bit more stuff?

Or take the base out and spin it round so the stain is nearer the back and less visible when the drawer is opened?

Obviously none of these are solutions of my own discovery! Ahem..

jimster01

Quick update, vinegar worked – thanks Drac.

Next stain to be removed turmeric or Indian takeaway residue? We’re off on holiday soon, and just anticipating a worse case scenario.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cleaningkitchenunittrackworld’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts