Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Cleaning a TV screen?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

What’s the best way to get fingermarks off a TV screen – in this case a Samsung curved 55 incher (suit me sir)?

Soft cloth obvs, but what sort of non-surface-damaging cleaning liquid/spray?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Elbow grease and prayer.

stevied
    Free Member

Does your TV look a bit like this?

khani
    Free Member

Screen wipes from the pound shop

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

flobb, spittle, sputum, expectoration

bikebouy
    Free Member

hodgynd
    Free Member

If it’s a new ( in warranty ) tv ..nothing but a damp cloth if you want to keep it in warranty ..

mechanicaldope

Soap and hot water

FuzzyWuzzy

dry cloth first then damp (with water cloth after if needed) then dry cloth again. Screen cleaners are generally OK to but not usually necessary. Don’t use general glass/surface cleaner as can affect coatings.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Ta.

Get on AV forums and do a search there – Samsung TV’s don’t take well to being cleaned apparently. Mine has cat spit on it, but I haven’t dared try cleaning it yet

nealglover
    Free Member

As we have a sticky fingered toddler, Our Samsung gets cleaned regularly (like every week) with standard baby wipes and a tea towel to dry it.
    Or Aldi window cleaning spray if it’s really bad.

It’s not dead and neither am I.

(Although it’s 5 years old and worth about £2.40 if I had something a bit more decent I may not do the same)

allfankledup

Drac

Yup damp cloth and dry clean cloth, make sure the screen is cool when you do it. No issues with the 3 Samsungs in our house not sure what people on AV froums are doing.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I use a damp microfibre cloth, I gets it clear for about 10 second a before the kids attack it again.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Window/glass cleaner, and cloth? Unless it’s got something really weird going on with the screen what do they expect you to use?

Some of the newer, higher end one’s have a moth eye filter to stop reflections. It marks very easily. Like I say, have a look on AV forums, or ignore me, as I quite obviously talk shit, make things up and generally lie about everything

The old Samsung I have in the bedroom could probably be cleaned with sandpaper

timmys

curved

Don’t clean it. Bin it. Hope that helps.

Drac

No one says you’re lying buttercup. 🙄

jekkyl

as per neal baby wipe followed by kitchen towel and we also employ a loud sharp ‘Oi NOOOOO’ at the baby when she waddles over with sticky mitts. Why do kids insist on touching the TV, leave it alone!

enfht
    Free Member

Sex wee.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We use the method I posted above on Sony’s we all have in the family. You think kids are bad, try dealing with partially blind and arthritis crippled Parents and Inlaws.. and cheese and branston sandwiches and tea..
    Then there’s BIL the farmer whose simply gross 89% of the time covered in cow shoite, poking fingers on remotes and TVs and DVD players fixing the inevitable FIL’s attempt to either change channel or put side plates in the dvd hole (I kid you not)
    But in all fairness I think it depends on what screen you have, have you like googled your tv manufacturer s recommended cleaning methods.. can’t be that hard to type:

Samsung tv xxxxx clean screen, how to?

jimmy748

Actone and wet&dry

CountZero

Cheap microfibre cloths are best, they leave no fibres behind, one lightly moistened the other dry.

No one says you’re lying buttercup.

I didn’t say they were sunshine….in this thread anyway 😉

sockpuppet

My son tired cleaning ours with a hockey stick.

Now we have a totally spotless screen. On the new telly box.

ads678

I always use wet wipes, but my telly is about 10 years old…

jbproductions
    Free Member

It’s just occurred to me that I’ve never cleaned ours and it must be about 7 years old.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Cleaning a TV screen?’ is closed to new replies.