Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cleaning a travertine floor
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Some properly filthy areas what with kids, cats and a dog. Last time was a couple of days of scrubbing with a hand brush and oxygen bleach to clean it up. Quite a large area to do too (hall, kitchen, utility, loo).

Wondering if there are any better chemicals to use and power tools I could hire? Thinking maybe some sort of big floor scrubber and a wet vac?

So what do I need or what did you use…?

Thanks.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Steam mop?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Steam mop?

Doesn’t do much. Needs proper scrubbing with some decent chemicals.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Unless its surface sealed you want to be careful that you don’t use anything too acidic on it what with it being limestone…

perchypanther
    Free Member

Shake and Vac?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Shake and Vac?

Want it both clean and fresh!

Unless its surface sealed you want to be careful that you don’t use anything too acidic on it what with it being limestone…

Something like this ok…?

http://www.filasolutions.com/en/products/full-range/cleaning-products/detergents/filaps87.html

dooosuk
    Free Member

I’d of thought any of the natural stone cleaners would be ok:
    http://www.filasolutions.com/en/products/natural-stone/cleaning-products/

sharkbait
    Free Member

We use Lithofin Wexa which is pretty good but you still need to get down and scrub to do it properly.
    We also have a Hoover scrubber/polisher which is pretty good but it does fling the water around a bit!
    Oh and the Bissel carpet cleaner does a decent job of rinsing sucking up the dirty water.
    PITA job though 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cleaning a travertine floor’ is closed to new replies.