Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cleaning a DVD player lens
  • maccruiskeen

I seem to have Breaking-Bad-Boxset-Splurged my DVD player to death. Its sometimes struggling with the menus and gets into glitches and skips around what would be the halfway point of the disk.

The disks themselves are brand new and play fine in another player but the player thats on the wonk is a pretty nice machine so I’d rather keep using it (the spare player is cheap and noisy and also turns itself on and off whenever the volume is adjusted with the TV remote)

So was just about to buy a cleaning disk off eBay and suddenly thought— the DVD player’s lens and the DVD don’t touch each other, so how does a cleaning disk clean the lens? Are these cleaning disks just garbage or do they actually work?

Drac

They have a small brush on them that cleans as it spins.

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

They have little brushes that rub over the lens, brushing the dust out or use the dust to scratch a proper mark into the lens.

Best to strip the player apart and clean properly, but thats a lot of hassle

maccruiskeen

but thats a lot of hassle

Hmmmm…. It seems the more sensible path…..normally I’d be happy to have the thing in pieces on the dining table – but I’m spending every waking hour that I’m not working or in the bath watching Breaking Bad. A quick fix seems so much more appealing 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cleaning a DVD player lens’ is closed to new replies.