Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Clean eating – do you? Should we?
  • ourmaninthenorth

Ruby Tandoh – consistently angry.

I think she’s looking for a gig at the Mail.

Cougar

The Sun headline this morning was saying that chips cause cancer. That’s me buggered then.

docgeoffyjones

I was listening to a podcast with John Berardi and he was talking about clean eating. He said proper 100% clean eating is more like a past time as actually finding organic, hormone free, pesteside free food is hard work and takes a lot of your time and money.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

roast potatoes mess you up too. who knew?

miketually
    Free Member

Eat food*. Not too much. Mostly plants.

*food is defined as something your grandma (although probably more likely the great grandma of someone living around the Mediterranean or Japan) would have recognised as food.

funkmasterp

Now if your chicken doesn’t come from a rare breed, living in a chicken house with south facing gardens and eating a special diet, it’s an evil poison.

I had a debate with a friend who only eats free range, happy chickens. I accused her of being thoroughly evil compared to me. I don’t care where the chicken came from. In fact the more hideous the conditions, the better.

Eating a chicken that’s had a brilliant life is evil. That’s a chicken that wants to live and loves life. Me, I’ll eat the one that sees death as a sweet embrace after living a miserable existence 🙂

gobuchul
    Free Member

only eats free range, happy chickens.

There is an argument that farmed birds, in chicken sheds with good welfare standards are happier, as they don’t have the stress of worrying about bird attacks.

Instant death from above is a reality for a free range chicken!

Cougar

Are chickens even capable of “worrying”?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

It’s all a load of crap to sell books. People die every day and sometimes those people eat vegetables and sometimes they eat nik-naks.

I sometimes have a look down the book aisle in the supermarket and none of these dead eyed food nazis staring at me guilt me into putting back the monster munch

fifeandy
    Free Member

If I win the lottery and have a chef to cook for me, or break the 10st barrier i’ll worry about clean eating. Until then bring on the pepperoni pizza.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Are chickens even capable of “worrying”?

Well probably not about Brexit or Trump but they must have a means of being aware of potential hazards. They can certainly get stressed, not sure if it’s actually “worrying”?

docgeoffyjones

Summary of the original article can be found here:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/sexy-posh-girls-unveil-bullshit-fad-diet-20170123120687

Personally I only eat eggs from chickens who have been taken for a ride on a quad bike by the farmer.

slowoldman

My chickens knock on the door and give me the ones they don’t want.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Dont worry about roasties and chips, the increase in risk is so small, on average theyll probably only a few months of Alzhrimers ridden solitude off you.

Who gives a crap. You”d be doing the health services a favour as long as you had led an otherwise healthy life…..

unovolo
    Free Member

Ruby Tandoh

Had one of them at the weekend with a Keema nan it was bloody lovely 😉

deadkenny
    Free Member

A little perspective on the burnt cancer toast / spuds etc story of the day…

https://fullfact.org/health/how-dangerous-burnt-toast/

chakaping
    Free Member

I agree it’s a terrible, incoherent article – but then it’s written by someone off Bake-Off rather than a journalist isn’t it? (meow, I know)

She assumes too much knowledge of her readers and doesn’t bother explaining why she thinks “clean eating” isn’t such a great idea.

I assume it’s because she thinks it’s just an old fashioned and damaging “diet” in disguise, and she also appears to conflate it with body fascism – but isn’t very specific on that.

Anyway, I don’t need her OR a bunch of photogenic twentysomethings to tell me how to eat healthy – should I ever wish to do so.

😛

finbar
    Free Member

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Clean eating – do you? Should we?’ is closed to new replies.