Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Clayton Vale trails Manchester
  • hora
    Free Member

Just back from there. Not bad at all.
    Re broken glass? Thats from part of it thats an ex-tip.

I pulled out some really nice completr Victorian bottles.

It flows which is whats lacking in the NWest/locally 🙂

I was chatting to three locals on very nice bikes.

Dont take your best bike IMO. The area is very dodgy but worth the trip if you are in Manchester.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

What’s the nearest Train station? Is it ardwick. Fancy having a nosy.

simmy
    Free Member

Took me about 15 mins to get there from Piccadilly cycling along the cycle path to the side of the stadium.

At piccadily, you can get a burger / sandwich etc in the concourse without having to lock your bike up so I would suggest going fom there.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    badllama
    Free Member

Dont take your best bike IMO. The area is very dodgy but worth the trip if you are in Manchester.

foook that then, I’ve only got 2 and cannot afford to have one “removed” from me
    Better than Philips hora?

hora
    Free Member

Different to Philips. More track/probably alot more funds available.

You can also cycle up the canal to get there.

Great idea but I’m amazed the heavy plant machinery hasnt been pinched yet. Its ready to go/parked by the road 😆 🙁

One thing I did like was the numerous local Dads on halfords specials taking their kids round. Get em hooked 😀

badllama
    Free Member

Cheers hora may try a trip up there at some point 🙂

Rivi next weekend though 😀

stumpyjon

I might have to have a look, only a mile or so from work and the bikes should be safe enough inside the 10ft high electric fence that surrounds the factory.

Harry_the_Spider

Different to Philips. More track/probably alot more funds available.

Philips was £100k. Clayton was £850k IIRC.

hora
    Free Member

That doesnt include the next 5yrs maintance costs either huh?

Wow.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Just went up this afternoon for a couple of laps. All of the plant machinery has been burnt out.

Very sad 🙁

hora
    Free Member

Eh? Under the bridge arches/by the road??? Fine when I was there (2)

Harry_the_Spider

FFS. There are some proper morons out there.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Yep, only one had survived by the looks of things, the rest had the engine covers forced open and had been lit from there by the looks of things. God only knows how much it will cost to replace that lot.

I am surprised it was all left there though.

matt1986
    Free Member

I was there this morning my parents live close by in droylsden. I wish it was a bit more technical but speaking to the trail builders they and BC were weary of locals who have never rode before deciding they could smash a black run on there tesco bike without a helmet and end up doing themselves some harm. Didn’t notice the burnt out stuff by it was only a quick hour blast and jus sessioned the new stuff I’m sure ill find out all the details about what’s happened in work tomorrow.

And if you do go down try the cafe at the velodrome really nice food and you can get a beer as well.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Yeah it’s pretty sweet, basically a stretched out pump track almost with a load of nice berms.

On the it could be more technical note, well like you say.. it’s not because it’s not meant to be. I’ve done it once, I won’t be back.

Junkyard
    Free Member

hora is the pump track practice bit next to The national cycling centre or at Phillips park?
    Is it suitable for young uns 7 & 6 for a play?
    Does anyone know?

philipft
    Free Member

Junkyard, the skills area is perfect for kids, they have three grades of each trail feature, each one progressively more difficult, ie 3 rock gardens, three drops, three table tops etc. Kids can session each one till they get confident before tackling the next. Really well thought out.

hora
    Free Member

I’m actually really starting to like it. I used to go to the gym at sportcity- now I don’t have to. I ride for free in the evening. Off down there this evening 8)

buck53

Finally got down there this afternoon. Really enjoyed it although not sure I covered everything, didn’t seem to get out of Clayton Vale into Philips Park (I live on the Vale side). Should be better once proper way markers are up.

Strikes me as being easy to ride but harder to ride really well. You have to work for the flow because it’s so tight, they’ve done a good job of encouraging you to attack everything though.

I’ll be back as it’s on my doorstep, but I think it’s worth a look even if you live further afield.

se7en983
    Free Member

The black section is open, it still needs some work but its pretty good 😀

Its on the Clayton side as you come over the bridge from the arches go check it out. 😛

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Clayton Vale trails Manchester’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts