Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Clayton Vale tonight
  • hora
    Free Member

Cracking ride wasn’t it 😀

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

You ride by yourself? 😆

bikemanspen
    Free Member

I went on thurs night. It’s not bad if you can find your way but we didn’t manage that very well!

Scapegoat

Great fun. Just starting to stiffen up after my rock garden ballet………. I had no idea it was possible to get a leg between the frame and the wheel like that.!!!!

bikemanspen
    Free Member

Was it busy down there today I imagine it being like a circus on nice days! Maybe I’m just old and grumpy.

hora
    Free Member

Lucky IMO could have been a nasty knee-etc.

Fairly quiet. Only us and 1 other rider there really.

Theres a 17.5 bfe —>

Should I or wait?

Scapegoat

Glad I had the Kyle straits on!

No. Wait for a soul. Bfe is only similar in geometry, not ride…… Unless you want to hurtle off more vertical stuff, soul is easily capable for your riding style.

Scapegoat

If I were you I might give that 19 inches a look at, but if you were really comfy on the 17.5, then who am I to argue?

hora
    Free Member

Hmmm would it calm down that rear spring abit?

Scapegoat

What, a BFe? Yes, but it would also deaden the whole ride in comparison. That rear springiness is the whole point……You learn to spin instead of giving it great bootfuls of torque, and benefit from the fabled “compliance” in other areas. Or with legs like yours how about some 175 cranks?

lukey2k
    Free Member

where is the best place to park to visit/ride clayton Vale?

Scapegoat

The velodrome car park at the national cycling centre. M11 4DQ for satnavs.

lukey2k
    Free Member

thanks you very much

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

Hi Hora and Scapegoat. Clayton Vale is brilliant.Thanks for showing me around and I should be up for a ride in the peaks this coming Saturday.

hora
    Free Member

A pleasure. I was asleep by 9. That was a long days riding for me. Aiming for a Edale start next weekend. Details to follow

hora
    Free Member

Cheers for the loan of the Souls Dave. Cant believe the Canyon (what a looker) rides soo good 😉 😆

Scapegoat

I cried all night after you said it was uglier than a Five. 🙁

Definite case of function over form.

Hi James, good to meet you too!

hora
    Free Member

😆 rides good though. I just jumped on it and rode the biggest droppy thing. Sign of a confidence inspiring frame

lukey2k
    Free Member

have any of you lot been down to clayton today ?

hora
    Free Member

No my legs died yesterday. First run normal, second uff

Scapegoat

I just remembered Hora, you’re now qualified to join in the Hope V Shimano brake threads with back to back test experience. 😀

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Clayton Vale tonight’ is closed to new replies.