Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Clayton Vale – Attempted bike theft
  • fasternotfatter
    Free Member

I met some guy at Clayton today after some chav just tried to steal his bike. After doing another lap I saw the guy who does the trail maintenance talking to someone fitting the description, a stereotypical smack-head wearing a hoodie and riding a jump bike. One of the people from the velodrome said they knew who he was but there was no point calling the police as they would probably not turn up. A bit of a lame response in my opinion. The chav probably wouldn’t bother anyone that looked like they could handle themselves but I would advice everyone to exercise caution when riding there.

mjsmke

Nothing wrong with riding a jump bike and wearing a hoodie.

chrismanc
    Free Member

White jump bike?

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

In that part of Manchester it’s only a matter if time till someone gets a smack and their bike taken. I’m from a shitty part of Manchester so I’m not having a pop but even at smack head prices they can get £150 for a high end bike at very little risk of getting caught. Last time I parked at the velodrome 3 scallys kids on shit bikes where looking in the back of cars, and clocking all the bikes, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out where everyone is going to ride!!! Be careful!!!

stumpyjon

That’s why the factory I work in a mile away has a 10ft electric fence.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Shit place to build mtb trails. I’d never ride there anyway.

crazy-legs

There have been a few bike thefts from the velodrome recently, cars broken into and even a couple of road bikes stolen from velodrome reception, right next to the cafe where the owners were having a coffee.

There was some woman mugged for her handbag on the bridge between the velodrome and Asda too.

Never leave anything on display if you’re parking there.

chrismanc
    Free Member

Not that bad…I cannot think of nowhere within anywhere near that distance from town, to build any trails with any gradient at all.

There has been one attempted theft and a logs over the trails occasionally(from what I hear) not that bad I reckon. Oh yea and the cark park thefts.

hora
    Free Member

Ive said it before. I had a conversation with two lads in the secluded wooded section. No violence just me calling to them/talking and them sulking off. They werestood on the trail edge looking keyed up. Guess if I had my head down/was quiet theyd have jumped me. Except I was jolly and questioning.

chrismanc
    Free Member

I would of thought if they were looking to jump someone and a target came along jolly, it wouldn’t put them off? Unless you look like a rough **** on steds!? 😀

obvioualy is abit hard to judge from words rather than being there in person but I don’t know.

hora
    Free Member

Dunno I do look abit odd. Like Pob crossed woth Freddie Mercury. Maybe that freaked them out

GregMay
    Free Member

The trick is to ride there early in the mornings. They tend to be in bed 🙂

sam3000

Some scrotes tried to break into my brothers car as we were in the evans shop next to the velodrome. We were there ten minutes.

hora
    Free Member

Hmmm the amount of bikes Ive seen left on top of cars. Probably drive home to pop in their garage.

Harsh?

I lived in London and now Manchester. Your valuables are kept close to you at night.

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

we saw a hoodie on a white jump bike with black rigid forks last sunday, he was brushing the puddles away with a yard broom! Hope it wasn’t him as he looked like a hard nut!

Caz xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Clayton Vale – Attempted bike theft’ is closed to new replies.