Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Clayton Vale
  • jet26
    Free Member

In manc this weekend and wanted somewhere to ride. The mrs is almost beginner so something not too full on.

Can you just turn up and ride at Clayton vale? If not anyone recommend any alternatives?

stevedoc
    Free Member

Yeah just park at the National cycling centre and walk across to the Vale , its ok for an hour but a good place to start , the Mrs should get some enjoyment from it. The orange can catch beginners out ,

jet26
    Free Member

Cheers stevedoc, much appreciated.

mcnultycop

It’s decent fun.

Harry_the_Spider

Have a look inside the Velodrome while you are there. The café is OK and the BMX and track arenas are pretty impressive.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I like it, good for your mrs. Thinking about taking my mrs, whos also a beginner.

scaled
    Free Member

I took Mrs S round there, she ended up upside down in a big pile of nettles.

I’d stick to the reds at this time of year unless they’ve been trimming the nettles, the black sections were pretty overgrown last time i was there. Typically it’s the one place where i don’t bother with armour (as i cant be arsed to carry it to work)

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

How have you got on with the scroats hanging round there? One thing that always put me off were the stories of people being attacked for their bikes?

crazy-legs

How have you got on with the scroats hanging round there? One thing that always put me off were the stories of people being attacked for their bikes?

Never had a problem there although there can be some proper scallies hanging round at times. Only times I’ve been in my own though has been early morning when there’s never anyone around, every other time was with a mate so I’ve always felt safe there.

Nice enough trails, it does flow well and it’s good for an hour or so of flat out effort or just a nice pootle round. The trails work well for all levels of rider.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Clayton Vale’ is closed to new replies.