Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Claudio Ranieri sacking
  • edward2000
    Free Member

What do you think?

jonnyboi

stupid, pointless & desperate. But not a surprise.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I posted what I think in the football thread

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m not a football fan particularly, but whoever made the decision seems to have forgotten how much of huge achievement it was for Leicester to win the premiership last season and its not something that they could repeat year on year.

They won for many reasons last year, momentum and confidence being two of those reasons, they’ve lost both this year.

Sacking the manager to an extent spoils what they achieved.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Very good article by Andrew Hill in today’s FT on lessons to be learned

somouk
    Free Member

I was shocked when I heard this, especially after they did OK in the champions league the other night.

I hope they end up getting relegated and never make it back to the top flight again.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Crazy and yet understandable at the same time.
    On one hand you can look at it like they massively overachieved last year and have just returned to a normal level of performance.
    Or alternatively you can say they have a team capable of winning the league and the current level of performance shows something is broken, and managers are much easier to change than squads.

gonzy
    Free Member

given the recent results i’m not surprised….its a typical knee jerk reaction from owners who are completely disconnected form this game…what makes it all the more shocking is how Leicester publicly backed him to the hilt only 2 weeks ago…but getting the chairman’s unwavering support for any beleaguered manager is usually the kiss of death

tpbiker
    Free Member

In what other industry would the boss get sacked if the recruits sstopped performing for him. Those players should take a hard look at themselves after what he led them to achieve last year.

Not that surprising that they are struggling however, masively overachieved last year when Vardy was on fire. This year they are also missing their main midfield man leaving the defence horribly exposed.

mrhoppy

If they were going to do it they should have done it prior to the winter transfer period. As it is anyone coming in is going to be expected to turn things around without the ability to fix their weaknesses on the pitch.

xico
    Free Member

A disgraceful treatment of a thoroughly honourable man. I hope Leicester go down now, and Huddersfield Town take their place! 🙂

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I felt for him when he was axed at chelsea. Seems a very decent man who conjured up a miracle last season. I hope they pay him off well. I wonder if Mancini will stick around like Benitez at newcastle to bring them up again.

Wake up.. dilly ding dilly dong!

mefty
    Free Member

A disgraceful treatment of a thoroughly honourable man. I hope Leicester go down now, and Huddersfield Town take their place!

It would only be right and proper.

Martin Samuels was on good form.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Does seem to be a very odd situation. Glory last year, the inevitable mediocrity this until they all find thier feet.

But I heard it’s the players that wanted him out, in the main because they weren’t allowed chicken burgers for lunch. So a bunch of jumped up “me, me, me’s” get the only strong Manager they’ve ever had, sacked ?

Sadly, they’re doomed to,failure now and nothing will stop it. 2nd division by the end of next year I fear.

MSP

Everyone seems to be jumping on the “me me me” player bandwagon, but lets not forget a few of them turned down offers from “big” clubs in the hope of continuing something special where they were.

They lost Kante, the rules on grappling in the box brought Huth and Morgan down to reality with a bump, most teams realised they couldn’t allow them to play on the break (except city), and Ranieri just didn’t seem to know what to do to turn it around.

Last season was a miracle, I don’t want to dismiss it as just luck, in many ways they earned their luck, but this season was showing it wasn’t all down to him and he didn’t look capable of dealing with their current situation.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Mourinho says it’s Ranieri’s own fault. 😛
    #LoveJose

daviek

I misread that as Claudio Caluori!

Once I noticed my mistake I wasn’t that bothered any more.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

bizarre decision, although i guess they need to act to hope to be saved,

essentially they are in a no worse position (in fact better) than they were 2 years ago

god only knows what happened at the beginning of april 2015 to go on the run they did

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Claudio Ranieri sacking’ is closed to new replies.