Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Classifieds grumble
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

If readvertising items – don’t just put a link to the old advert, it makes you look lazy and i won’t buy from you. Likewise, just a link to an external site with no actual advert – e.g. pinkbike, again i won’t buy from you!

bruneep

Agreeed

Jamie
    Free Member
    bigyinn
    Free Member

Agreed, if I have something that im likely to re-advertise, I copy and paste the original text (including any links with the bb code) into a word doc first, so if I can just copy and paste into a new ad. Easy!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bigyinn, I do the same. If it’s a list of stuff it’s easier to edit in Word too. 🙂

+1 for the OP too.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Have to admit if I open a ad and its a link I click straight off.

Just open two web pages and copy and paste straight across.

scruff
    Free Member

AND dont post until you have decent photos.

AND clean the item you are selling. Some of it looks like its been found by Time Team.

parkesie
    Free Member

Put pictures up aswell its a pain in the arse asking everytime.

cupra
    Free Member

Agree with the OP, although I have been guilty of just putting the link in myself when readvertising.

On another note, does no-one look at the WTD section anymore? I think it was better when FS and WTD were together, but that’s a whole other can of worms to open.

P20

I am guilty of linking to a previous ad. I did it once because I didn’t have acces to a computer (via phone), I did however apologise for it at the time. But I do agree it’s lazy and I normally don’t click the links. Also agree with decent photos

Baldysquirt

helps if your photos are in focus as well – use your macro mode (nudges OP).

toys19
    Free Member

Ha ha you lot make me lauch, if lazy classified seller is selling the xyz954 that you really want are you really not going to buy it because you need to click your mouse a few more times than normal?

toys19
    Free Member

*laugh

Deveron53
    Free Member

AND if you say ‘collection’, how about making sure the location is there somewhere?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

absolute pet hate of mine too thank you for highlighting it cruzheckler 🙂

pinkbike links does my nut 😡

I usually put one pic on the ad and a link to a flickr folder to view more so if someone is interested they can go into more detail.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Classifieds grumble’ is closed to new replies.