Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Classifieds feedback suggestion
  • clubber
    Free Member

There have been several suggestions that the classifieds should have a method for feedback. My understanding is that the STW management don’t want to do that as it then shifts the onus on them if things go wrong (eg look how much people complain about ebay) and this is a view I can understand, especially as the classifieds make them very little (if any) money.

So, what if when you buy/sell something on the classifieds, once you’ve received payment/the item, you post on the original classifeds thread about your experience? – no additional work for the STW management and an easy way to check up on people’s past dealings.

Thoughts?

MrAgreeable

It’s a good idea, but… how much use IS feedback on eBay and the like? I’ve encountered some appalling sellers when buying second hand vinyl, but you tend not to spot the dreadful comments that people have left as they get buried in the mass of positive, and trying to point out flaws in people’s behaviour just results in tit-for-tat comments or denials.

Gooner
    Free Member

what about a “trafic light” system where you can’t leave comments just;

Green – buyer seller good

Amber – buyer seller neither good nor bad

Red – buyer seller bad

it would then be up to prospective buyers/sellers to contact the person who left the feedback to get any additional information

little or no input needed from stw mods apart from setting up a new forum section and it would act as a deterrent for shoddy buyers/sellers

thepodge
    Free Member

i would like to hope that on such a small (in internet terms) board something like that was not needed because everyone knows some one who knows some one.

you don’t find feedback in the local paper. also where would this information be stored? on the STW server? sounds like lots of work for the code boys without any benefit. also people can just sign up with anew username. there are no identity checks as there are (kind of via bank details) with ebay.

totally unnessesery i say

jimmy

i bought some stuff from the retrobike forum. the guy then sent me a link to a normal thread which he had started entitled “Dave’s Feedback” and let people put comments in there. Don’t know how long threads stick around for, mind, but if you want feedback there’s nothing to stop you starting such a thread and keeping a link to it to send to buyers.

z1ppy

I like the idea, recently purchased an item off here for around £100, I’d never heard of the guy previously and due to the loss of the ‘old’ forum I couldn’t check to see if he was a fly-by-night…

All turned out for the good, and can throughly recommend Gunners… apparently been around for years.. but I couldn’t check.

dr_adams
    Free Member

Maybe the person listing could start a feedback thread for themselves..
    the logic of them starting it would be that then you could click on their name whilst looking at their ad and find posts they’ve started and it would be there? save having to trawl through the search?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Classifieds feedback suggestion’ is closed to new replies.