Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • Classifieds disaster – suggestions?
  • matther01
    Free Member

Sold a set of new cranks to guy through the classifieds, he paid pp normal…duly posted recorded delivery.

Guy contacts me to say he hasn’t received them but gave me the wrong address (no.27 should have been no.28). He then says he checked with RM and they tried to deliver it to no.4 and that if they had tried no.27 then they would have accepted it. Anyway, parcel can’t be found and hasn’t been signed for…so gives the guy a refund.

Now after a month RM still can’t find it and they advised me that they couldn’t have delivered it as no.27 doesn’t exist on that road, so presumably they guy knew all this and the error he made.

I can try to claim a refund but they will have to write to the guy at no.28 to check non receipt…but as it was labelled no.27 do you reckon they will pay out?

Was I too nice in just automatically issuing the refund on pp?

Does anyone know if there is anything else I can do…or will I have to stomach a £70 loss?!

Cheers 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

As an aside, what RM service did you use? Recorded only covers you for £50, standard mail £20. So unless you went for RMSD, you’re going to be down on the deal.

Just pursue all the right channels, and you should get your money eventually.

Edit: It does sound a bit weird the guy giving you the wrong address.

boxelder

If not delivered and RM can’t find it then you’re covered. They need a signature and delivery address.

scaredypants

Anyway, parcel can’t be found and hasn’t been signed for

I’d be chasing RM in that situation – they should be able to confirm their own non-delivery

(however your buyer’s a tit if they’ve got the delivery address wrong AND nonexistent)

Drac

If the address didn’t exist then they should have returned it to you.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Yeah you put a return address on for a reason surely

reggiegasket
    Free Member

why would someone say they lived at 27 when they live at 28?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Sounds a bit iffy to me.

MrNero50
    Free Member

Why would the PP address be wrong for a buyer? Thought addresses were all verified?

Though RM should have returned if it wasn’t delivered.

bruneep

Very iffy to me What does street view say?

The buyer will be along in a moment to give his version I’m sure. Oh maybe not just checked his history another classified user only.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Did the PP address say “confirmed” in green? I only ever post to address on paypal, buyer can’t turn around and say wrong number then.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Your too honest / nice for your own good

He gave you the wrong address, I wouldn’t be dreaming of refunding in that case until I had the parcel returned to me, by all means I’d help him out and query with RM but his idiocy is his own doing

I have a firm feeling you’ve been scammed 🙁

prawny

If Royal Mail can’t deliver it they’ll try and wriggle out of paying out, I had the same thing when they lost a set of pedals I returned. Just keepin at them eventually you’ll get your money back but it’ll take a while I was on at them for months.

unklehomered
    Free Member

If the address didn’t exist then they should have returned it to you.

this

Thought addresses were all verified?

And this, is the address doesn’t exist (I’ve had this with industrial estate ads ) they won’t send, it HAS to be in their database.

nealglover
    Free Member

guy contacts me to say ………..and that if they had tried no.27 then they would have accepted it.

RM still can’t find it and they advised me that they couldn’t have delivered it as no.27 doesn’t exist on that road

Doesn’t compute.

Either RM are lying to you.

Or your customer has some imaginary neighbours at “No. 27” that he’s made up.

(And thinks he lives in their imaginary house for delivery purposes)

scandal42
    Free Member

Buyer knows the postie, postie knows 27 doesn’t exist and it’s actually for 28…..

spooky_b329

Contact paypal and explain buyer has non existent address on file, you naively issued refund and now realise you’ve been tricked. Ask for refund to be made void and cross fingers.

sandwicheater

May be worth contacting some of the people this chap has purchased/sold stuff to in the classifieds to confirm address used. Could be a genuine mistake. If they are a scammer, worth finding out to save other people bother.

If the person in your history, not been around long.

nealglover
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

Lolz…whut?

scaredypants

😳 😆

sandwicheater

Kristina sounds nice, can I come too? I don’t need a shower.

nealglover
    Free Member

He he, cut and paste fail :mrgreen:

I’m off for a shower now anyway 😉

bearnecessities

Hi Neal xxx

bruneep

:mrgreen:

ricky1
    Free Member

…maybe the buyer is the postie.

chip
    Free Member

Surely if address does not exist it would not have got far, definatly not as far as a postman stood in a street scratching his head.
    But if so,
    I had the same postman for ten years before he retired , now never seems to be the same one twice .
    So the buyer may have a number 7 he uses to replace the 8 on occasions he is expecting a parcel.
    I very much doubt it, but people will try anything.

nuke

Sounds well iffy to me. You now have no cranks and no money yet sent it to the address given: why should you be burdened with all the losses when you did everything that was asked of you as a seller? 🙁

brooess
    Free Member

My thoughts:
    1. Could well be a scam
    2. I wouldn’t have refunded until I’d spoken to RM and got their side of the story.
    3. I always send signed for to make sure I can prove I’ve sent stuff and its arrived, and that I have something to leverage against RM if needs be – protects me and genuine buyers

firestarter
    Free Member

Why did royal mail try to deliver to number 4 ? When ever ive sent stuff ive sold they check the address on the system to check it exists.

Junkyard
    Free Member

scam but i still cannot work out how they did it and why RM dont have it.
    YOU have to chase RM for this and contact Paypal as well
    Oh and name and shame as well

Why would the PP address be wrong for a buyer? Thought addresses were all verified?

I opened mine years ago when you did not need to verify via bank card [ never done this] and I can change the address on mine – i have about 8 locations I use form work to mates to neighbours.

Even works on ebay FWIW and never had an an issue as it appears as my “offical Paypal address.

chip
    Free Member

If the post office say no such address exist and they have lost your parcel they should pay out.
    The buyer has scammed them if indeed he has managed to get his hands on the cranks, at your inconvenience.

If the buyer has form for this the post office would have record of similar mishaps.

Unless it is as simple as a bent postman it is a wasted scam for a £70 crank,
    People used to gain entry to empty buildings and have expensive goods bought on knock delivered to said addresses.

scotroutes

Maybe your buyer IS a postie?

matther01
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies.

It was sent recorded not special and it appears that there was no return label on it…when I know there was…and apparently now sent to Belfast and cannot be found (although they are going to do another search). Not hopeful 🙁

I know have to wait until 25th Sept for the results and then fill in the refund forms.

Should I try PP to reverse the payment until I know the outcome?

hora
    Free Member

No offence but it was FIRMLY the buyers problem. Why did you refund him? Help/assist but in no way refund.

bruneep

I’d contact pp and do what spooky says. That was the address on pp wasn’t it and not address he sent you? If you sent to different address to that on his pp invoice, yer stuffed!

scc999

Twice had stuff lost by Royal Mail – both times sent recorded with a return address, both times sent to a holding depot, both times couldn’t be found.

I realise they deliver a lot of parcels, so the ones they fail on are a tiny percentage but it’s still bloody irritating when it happens!

matther01
    Free Member

Never had issues with RM before so continued to use them. Law of averages I guess.

Hora – I’m definitely one life’s nice, naïve idiots who always sees the good in people…think I maybe in a minority these days

jdavidge
    Free Member

This would be me then? I still haven’t received anything and there is a #27 on the street, it is across the road.

Do you have a contact at royal mail and I will help you chase, I am an honest guy with no issues (check jdavidge2002 on eBay for example).

Understand your stress but would rather you contacted me directly for help than on forum (which a friend spotted).

As said, let me know number as they are giving you shit. I will talk with #4 and see if they did reject a delivery.

jdavidge
    Free Member

And like a tit I did put 27 instead of 28 as I was sat in a meeting, honest mistake, which unfortunately I corrected to late.

Happy to meet anyone local (and show the #4, #27 and #28.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Classifieds disaster – suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.