• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Classified users, what do you make of …
  • Euro
    Free Member

this sort style of ad?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQX6gAucWCo&hd=1[/video]

Would a video ad make any difference to you as a buyer? Does it need more/less info, longer/shorter, or is it simply over kill and a description and pic would do?

carlphillips
    Free Member

quite good that, but i want to see damage/scratches/close ups and preferably still,(ie pics) nice to watch but not great for an ad, although it does spark interest…

PiknMix
    Free Member

nope, just decent pics will do (imo)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I dunno, quite cool. A million times better than adds with no pics.

I’d probably 2nd the point about being more bothered about the condition of the bike than it being ridden, especialy as average STW minceing wouldn’t be as nice to watch!

Cheezpleez

No price, so it breaks forum rules 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not for me at all – nice video but irrelevant to the bike/sale.

still pics and a price.

gonzy
    Free Member

nice vid…but looks more like a promo than a sales ad.
    the rider has skill, but i’m sure he wasn’t always that skillful so the practice needed would have involved some “bike fails” along the way. hopefully not on that bike…so like all above i would prefer to see pictures of the bike in close up showing the condition.

Euro
    Free Member

No price included as I haven’t decided if i’m selling or not (don’t want to, but it hasn’t been used at all this year) and it was just an idea really. I can’t ride at present and was looking through some old footage to pass the time and thought it might work as a selling aid if i make my mind up.

Having never bought or sold on here, I rarely visit the classifieds bit so wasn’t sure if this style of ad was the norm. Seems like it might work, with a bit more thought perhaps. Mixing a few stills showing details would definitely help. The bikes in decent nick, with only a few scuffs on the fork lowers.

Appreciate the comments lads, cheers.

stevenieve
    Free Member

Are those dirt jumps in Antrim?

james
    Free Member

“rider has skill, but i’m sure he wasn’t always that skillful so the practice needed would have involved some “bike fails” along the way. hopefully not on that bike…”

I was thinking along these lines. Ridden faster likely bigger spills/damage?
    Maybe a vid of mincing, getting off when it gets even slightly questionable would give greater confidence its not seen a hard life?
    Obviously doesn’t really prove anything and a bit pointless

Description and pics including scratches/dents etc more useful I’d have said

Euro
    Free Member

stevenieve – Member
    Are those dirt jumps in Antrim?

Sure are. Just up the road from me and a nice spot to spend a sunny afternoon 😀 You local steve?

Maybe a vid of mincing, getting off when it gets even slightly questionable would give greater confidence its not seen a hard life?

Maybe more suited to selling a different style of bike? If you were selling a short travel full sus, footage showing bike doing it’s thing over suitable terrain could help the buyer decide if it was the type of bike he’s looking for or if everything is working like it should. Maybe.

I’d expect a second hand jump bike to have suffered a little bit. Mine has been down the road a few times, but apart from the front axle, nothing’s went. It’s actually a really nice bike to ride. And … thinking about it, for all i’d get for it, i reckon i’ll be keeping her 😀

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

I like the concept of making this a standard foundation for ads.

Thought bout this few yrs back but thought likewise that it may be overkill and may just shout either classy ad or desperate ad.

Needs to be longer with a rundown of components in a commentary format in an easy going manner to convey the severity of the abuse of which a dj’er takes on a daily basis.

Apart from my bizarre indepth take on it, niceone!

When it,s finished post up a full length version, hell i could be tempted but only if you could post that smooth section of lips along with the bike by helicopter of course.

🙂

beagle
    Free Member

Music from one of the top 3 albums ever, and one of my favourite artists for the last 20 years!!

I’ll buy it on that basis alone!!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Decent close up pics of vulnerable areas far more use to potential buyers. Not interested in seeing someone else riding it, I’m not looking to buy the bike and the rider…As others have said the idea a bike’s been thrashed/hammered might also deter serial bike buying mincecore riders (though no one springs to mind….)

I am surprised sellers of expensive bikes CBA’ed to learn how to post pics directly into ads. “Email for pics” is lazy and misses a huge market of people who idly browse classifieds and buy stuff on a whim having been wooed by pics. Ahem.

tonyd

I think it’s a good eye catching intro. If you were to post it on the classifieds here then put the vid at the top, followed by detailed description and some decent photos.

I’m also of the ‘I won’t get that much for it so might as well keep it’ school of thought, which is why I have a garage full of bikes and bits of bikes!

stevenieve
    Free Member

Sure are. Just up the road from me and a nice spot to spend a sunny afternoon You local steve?

I’m from up on the North coast,
    been a long time since I’ve seen jumps that dry.

Euro
    Free Member

beagle – Member
    Music from one of the top 3 albums ever, and one of my favourite artists for the last 20 years!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Classified users, what do you make of …’ is closed to new replies.