Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Classified sellers who can't be arsed..
  • bruneep

Why do you bother listing if you don’t send pictures or bother with a reply.

Not the first time I’ve asked a seller for pictures of an item that they are selling only to be met with I’ll take some tomorrow and they usually don’t or link to a new item on crc,wiggle etc or don’t bother replying.

Fed up waiting so bought new.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Yes. Post a picture of what you’re selling, if the picture isn’t ready yet wait and advertise it once the picture is ready.

philxx1975
    Free Member

I have never understood the whole pictures thing …especially when its brand spanking new.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nixie

It proves the item exists and is new……

Nipper99
    Free Member

and then you spend ages taking pictures and sending them to people who never reply!!

Drac

It proves the item is brand spanking new.

Bregante

and then you spend ages taking pictures and sending them to people who never reply!!

But if you post pics in the ad in the first place you wouldn’t need to send them!!

cardo

People buy with their eyes…

unovolo
    Free Member

Takes a couple of mins to take some pics and upload to Flicker, photo bucket or similar then link to here.

Hardly a massive chore, don’t think I have ever sold a item anywhere without pictures being on the ad.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Enquired about a frame a month ago, asked for pictures but got nothing through, commented on thread again…. still nothing but user has been active since.

noltae
    Free Member

I’ve listed a frame – folk have mailed me saying they want it and then just stop messaging – Lord knows what possesses someone to behave so discourteously – I now sell through word of mouth only ..

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

That works both ways if I had a £1 for every time waster I have come across on here in the last few years I would be quite well off on the other hand I have dealt will some really good people but that is getting less and less in recent years hay ho.

jfb01
    Free Member

Oh dear,I am just about to advertise a Jones F/F without pics.I have never worked out what is involved.Sorry.

ton

there are a lot of serial timewasters on the classifieds, who ask for pics, you send them, and then you hear nothing

swings both ways.

smurfly13
    Free Member

I usually add pictures to my classifieds – learnt that usually anyone who emails is genuinely interested because they have seen the pictures.

Occasionally I get asked for more… different angle, soles etc etc.

mechanicaldope

Also, if you say collection only, tell me the rough area of the country in which you live!

chrishc777
    Free Member

Agree with Nipper, works both ways. I’ve requested pics and never received, and sent pics and never got replies. I always try to get back to people in any situation, I’m sure I’ve forgotten once or twice but it’s a forum with a classifeds section, hardly a dedicated buysell site.

wordnumb
    Free Member

there are a lot of serial timewasters on the classifieds, who ask for pics, you send them, and then you hear nothing

Yeah, as mentioned above, you don’t have this problem if you post a few pictures in the first place. The whole point of seeing a picture is to help decide whether you want to buy, it doesn’t constitute a commitment to purchase.

Also – what mechanicaldope said.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

I just want a reply
    I have responded to many a wanted add and sent photos and then no reply.
    Just think its courteous to say your not interested or I’ll pass.
    Thanks,
    Max

kayak23

Why people don’t just put pictures on the ads I don’t know. It’s so tiresome asking to be mailed pictures when it’s so easy to add them…. no, it really is.

Also, while you’re at it, clean the mud off it too.
    🙄

muddy9mtb

same reason to why people park in disable bays? lazy

chestrockwell

In defence of some of us sometimes life gets in the way. I have listed a pair of forks on various platforms and didn’t have much interest at first. Then I got some interest and people asking for pictures but it happened to coincide with me being very busy and not at home so unable to send the pictures for a few days. I will do but can’t do much until I’m at home and near the forks. Had the requests come 24hrs earlier I could have sent them that day.

As for posting pictures on here, I have tried, I have failed, I have given up. I’ll have to try again, when I get chance.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’m on both sides with this. I always upload pics on ads. If I want to sell something, I’ll make the ad as clear as possible, including pics of any defects.

I’ve also had lots of nibbles on my frame only to be ignored after. Suppose you can’t expect the first inquiry to turn into a hassle-free sale.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Half the reason I’ve not advertised my Tricross Singlecross and other surplus (read “hoarded”) bike bits is because of taking and uploading photos. But I’m slowly learning it is much easier with my Nexus tablet and the Google Photos app.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Classified sellers who can't be arsed..’ is closed to new replies.