• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by dti.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Classified heroes; What's the best bike deal you've wrangled under £1000?
  • continuity
    Free Member

on fleabay, here, pinkbike or even (gasp) bikeradar

interested to see what you can find if you look hard enough

mikewsmith
    Free Member

2 hecklers both 1yr old well specced 950 & 990.

sold a set of very old bombers that were twisted for more than £30!

trail_rat
    Free Member

sold for 200 quid in 08 in well used condition

bought for 200 quid – in 2008 in as new condition !

mikewsmith
    Free Member

or for my best a 3 year old Specialized Allez ellite (carbon fork/stays/post with Zwerty stuff) done 120miles for £250 – works classifieds though not sure if that counts

TimP
    Free Member

No pics but a Genesis i0 (1yr old) with 8sp alfine, xt cranks, reba race forks, hope/xc717 front wheel, thompson post for £450. This years new is £1320 for lower spec.

nixie

Heckler, full bike for £350 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

In about ’03 I bought a DMR Trailstar with 130mm Z1’s, Mavic 721 rims, 1×8 LX/XT drivetrain, short stem/wide bars for £250 posted. I was definately ahead of the curve!

continuity
    Free Member

In about ’03 I bought a DMR Trailstar with 130mm Z1’s, Mavic 721 rims, 1×8 LX/XT drivetrain, short stem/wide bars for £250 posted. I was definately ahead of the curve!

And you ran it tubeless by masturbating into a pair of first-edition maxxis advantages.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

bought this for £740 posted from Gumtree, gulp (definitely took a risk there but paid off), literally brand new condition, only a couple of chips on it, it has just had some brand new 66 rc3 forks on it which cost around £600 new!!! Could not believe my eyes when it arrived at my door!!! Looked up how much they were new when i bought it two years ago and it was around £2k

chriswilk
    Free Member

A mint 3 month old pitch, with upgraded forks – Pike 454, XT chainset and hope Headset for £700.
    At time, the upgrades alone were going for £600 retail

dti

gary fisher rig 29er for £180.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Classified heroes; What's the best bike deal you've wrangled under £1000?’ is closed to new replies.