Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • classified bike build
  • santacruzyork
    Free Member

this is my new bike,very pleased with it,a big thank you to all who sold me there unwanted bits,yeah its not the greatest spec,but i cant wait to get on it and ride!
    thanks paul

stayhigh

Its always nice to see a new build up and running and a nice job done too.

Well done fella 🙂

wwaswas

cool, here's one I built on the same basis last month;

mutley

mmmm wwaswas liking that. GF ferrous?

had one in our LBS and was sorely tempted

how does it ride?

epicsteve
    Free Member

Here's my latest "classifieds" build:

S-Works Enduro frame £150
    Vanilla Pro-Pedal shock £40
    Nixons £45
    Crossrides £60
    EA70 bars £20
    etc.

wwaswas

mutley – yes, it is a GF ferrous.

Ride wise I'm pretty pleased with it. There's a bit more weight in the back end than I was expecting for a singlespeed but the geometry is spot on.

I've never ridden fork with more than 100mm travel before so comparisons are difficult but I took through some of my favourite woodland singletrack and it felt very stable and seemed to do everything I wanted and it isn't difficult to keep your weight forward on the hills (although I do play with the talas a bit on the ups).

Oh, and I'm not used to singlespeed either so a few of the bigger hills around Brighton have been a challenge!

So, overall – a big thumbs up 🙂

Bagstard
    Free Member

Good work on all of those 'classi' builds, that enduro brings back great memories, but scary how time flies!

tinsy
    Free Member

All great builds in their own way, lots of new or nearly new bits on the first two, bet it supprised you both how much it all adds up even with a good bit of luck in the classifieds.

Epicsteve, building something similar myself right now on a similar budget, watch this space. (your forks were a real bargain)

epicsteve
    Free Member

tinsy – the Nixons were a definite bargain, although it looks like they're not going to be staying on the bike long as I've a cheap set of coil Pikes coming instead. I've also got one of the 6" travel BETD links to go on the Enduro as well.

I'm thinking about giving the Nixons a try on either my Inbred or Soul instead, might be a bit long but worth a stab I think.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘classified bike build’ is closed to new replies.