Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Classic Weekender Strava Palava
  • Ben_Haworth

So the Shimano Singletrack Classic Weekender crew signed up to the turn-every-ride-into-a-race GPS-y website Strava. It seems the thing to do these days.

Our profile page is here. We even set up a Classic Weekender Club page, feel free to join it if you’re thinking of coming along to the event.

On a very soggy* Friday last week on a brand-new test bike** we recorded a segment down the Downhill course. Here’s how we did…

http://singletrackworld.com/2012/06/classic-weekender-strava-palava/

(*excuse #1, **excuse #2)

philfive
    Free Member

My questions is –

The first section of the route is actually go down the route people come up so how can you safely run it when the event isn’t on?

D0NK

The first section of the route is actually go down the route people come up so how can you safely run it when the event isn’t on?

oops, I predict strava-rage* incidents.

*stravage?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My questions is –

By being a bit grown up and just sorting it out. Probably get a couple of crossing patrol guys to man the bottom and stuff like that…maybe some of them state nannies

D0NK

By being a bit grown up and just sorting it out

have you met the great british public?

D0NK

oops forgot the 🙂

Simon

So… the DH course is pretty much the same as last year?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Very top section is different to the last couple of years but once you drop into the arena it is basically the same. There are some extra little options throughout the course though

Simon

Cool. Going up on Sunday with a mate who’s a Weekender virgin and I want to show him the general idea of the DH course.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Classic Weekender Strava Palava’ is closed to new replies.