Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Classic Dr Who?
  • RustySpanner

Planet of the Spiders on the Horror Channel at the mo.

First story I remember watching as a kid and still a cracker.
    🙂

Have watched all the Pertwee episodes they’ve had on recently and they’re mostly pretty decent – The Green Death was particularly good, with Jo’s exit.

The Time Warrior was brilliantly overacted in a Blackadderish way and a decent story too.

Anyone else watching the reruns?

mrsfry
    Free Member

I’m stalking Tom Baker via alternative internet methods

Harry_the_Spider

A lot of the older stuff was written by Terrence Dicks. Take the name of the monster in the title and swap it with Terry’s surname.

Dr Who and The Planet of The Dicks by Terrence Spiders

Dr Who and the Giant Dicks by Terrence Robot

Dr Who and the Carnival of Dicks by Terrence Monsters

…and so on.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

I love all the John Pertwee and Tom Baker……my era. Have recorded most of them. Currently on Death to the Daleks.

The story lines aren’t too bad, but i know what you mean about the over acting. Why in different dimensions / galaxies / realities is there a romanesque hierarchy where the people at the top all speak like they are doing a rendition of King Lear with the Royal Shakespeare Society?!?! 🙂

Some cracking special effects. I love it!!

Katy Manning is proper tidy too. Right up my street! 🙂

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Jon Pertwee was my youngest memory of Dr Who. Green death, the sea devils and the Autons gave me the heebies when I was wee.

RustySpanner

Episodes 3 and 4 on in a few minutes.
    🙂

Interesting blog Cougar, just read the first couple of entries.
    I’ve got The Tomb of the Cybermen on DVD.
    It gets better.

Middle neice buys me them for birthdays.
    I do like the Troughton one’s, The Dominators and the Invasion are both excellent, a real leap forward from the Hartnell stuff, as you say.

Cougar

Thanks. TBH it probably needs a rewrite, I’d have tried to have been more entertaining if I’d considered a broader audience beforehand. The whole thing was born out of the answer to my questions, which was “watch this and tell us what you think.” The whole point of me putting it on the web was, ‘hey, watch these if you’re stuck for where to start.’

CountZero

Classic Doctor Who for me starts with An Unearthly Child, and ends with Tom Baker, although, TBH, I really started to lose interest after Troughton, Pertwee was just too camp and horribly over-acted, Tom Baker was OK, but after him I never really watched it, until it came back with Ecclestone.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Classic Dr Who?’ is closed to new replies.