Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Classic computer game identification help
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Early 90s I remember spending time on the school apple Mac playing a carribean based trading game with pirates etc

Any ideas?

Any links to emulations?

Cougar

Port Royale?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Initially thought of a Monkey Island but not sure if there was much trading in it. Any more info?

Edit… Ah think Cougar has it. 2003 though so maybe not, unless there was a prequel.

Ah what about Microprose’s “Pirates!”? Released in ’88 so more likely…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_Meier%27s_Pirates!

Cougar

Sorry, I didn’t parse the year in the OP (and never had a Mac so was guessing at best). Pirates! sounds like a far more likely candidate.

Stoner
    Free Member

That’s the one blobby.

Great game. Will see if I can find an online version when I get back to my computer

Cheers

ready

Don’t know if it was on the Mac but I remember playing the video game version of Tai Pan on the Spectrum. Based on the book, it was surprisingly good

GrahamS

Great game. Will see if I can find an online version when I get back to my computer

The iPad version is pretty good.

It’s also on Steam

It even has it’s own Wiki here:
    http://sidmeierspirates.wikia.com/wiki/Sid_Meier’s_Pirates!_Wiki

Northwind

I was going to say Tai Pan too. I don’t think my parents would have approved if they knew I was pressganging drunks then nipping off to the brothel.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Also not a bad film. So I’ve been informed…

Stoner
    Free Member

I ve found an MSDOS source. Unfortunately that’s something that is not going to run on a Chromebook! 🙂

sobriety
    Free Member

What you want is DOSBox for Chromebook…

*Don’t ask me how to make it work, I just googled it and found it exists (I used to use it for PC abandonware before GoG started doing dos games)

pypdjl
    Free Member

You could run the amiga version in an emulator?

Cougar

Or if you need something with a bit more power, I’ve probably got an Apple ][ here somewhere. (-:

kcal

hours wasted (lunchtimes, obviously) playing Bolo on the office Mac network..

brassneck

I ve found an MSDOS source. Unfortunately that’s something that is not going to run on a Chromebook!

Ha, bet you feel pretty silly about not buying a Macbook Pro NOW eh? 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Classic computer game identification help’ is closed to new replies.